Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Songkran Buriram covid test


Recommended Posts

So apparently people need to be tested before entering Buriram on Sokran (600thb) if they come from Bangkok.

Most of the official info is in Thai so it's quite difficult to know any details (or to be aware at all) if you are a foreigner.

 

I am wondering what would happen if you don't get tested and stay in a hotel, what could be the consequences?

And if you get tested (not sure how that will work since hundreds of thousands of people will enter Buriram around the same time) what are  the consequences (financially and forced stay) if you test positive?

 

Even if Buriram manages to test a few 100000 people in a few hours, my main concern is is actually testing positive. I think that many people in Thailand have it, or have had it and are just asymptotic, both cases may trigger a positive result. Are you forced to be quarantined at a hospital, and if so, for how long? The more important question, how much? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You must obtain a self paid negative test from hospital upon entry to both Buriram and Khorat currently or spend 14 days in quarantine if coming from a red zone.  

 

As for the costs if positive - perhaps best not to travel.  But they do not have to call it a lockdown this way.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

nothing mentioned about tests, but worse:

"As of Wednesday, people travelling from Bangkok metropolis to Bueng Kan, Khon Kaen, and Buriram provinces must notify their arrival to local health authorities and go into self-isolation for 14 days."

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/04/07/transport-minister-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And now:

Quote

BREAKING: There are now five provinces (Khon Kaen, Bueng Kan, Buriram, Sakon Nakhon, Surin, Nakhon Ratchasima and Prachuap Khiri Khan) that have ordered 14 day quarantine for those people arriving from the “red zones” during the Songkran festival 

Thai News Reports
@thainewsreports

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

You must obtain a self paid negative test from hospital upon entry to both Buriram and Khorat currently or spend 14 days in quarantine if coming from a red zone.  

 

As for the costs if positive - perhaps best not to travel.  But they do not have to call it a lockdown this way.

 

So you go for a 5 day Songkran holiday but have to spend 14 days in quarantine - brilliant !

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Henryford said:

 

So you go for a 5 day Songkran holiday but have to spend 14 days in quarantine - brilliant !

Only if you notify them of your arrival, or get caught, what will happen to your return home, quarantine again?

Maybe a good idea not to go anywhere other than local for a while, there again maybe your local tavern will be shutdown for a quarantine period too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Henryford said:

 

So you go for a 5 day Songkran holiday but have to spend 14 days in quarantine - brilliant !

What it means is they don't want people from a red zone entering their province.... I say good for them.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • metisdead changed the title to Songkran Buriram covid test
4 hours ago, Henryford said:

 

So you go for a 5 day Songkran holiday but have to spend 14 days in quarantine - brilliant !

I believe that the policy is to limit the possible spread of the virus.

 

If the thought of having to quarantine for 14 days puts people off travelling 

interstate, then surely it is a sound policy. 

 

That is, of course, depending whether this is an official proclamation rather than 

a random post on Facebook. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

If the thought of having to quarantine for 14 days puts people off travelling 

interstate, then surely it is a sound policy

....and I guess this is its sole purpose......

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Charlie H has another thread where Phetchabun is basically in lockdown to visitors. Something is amiss that we are not being told.

Believe it has more to do with speaker of the moment rather than not being told - one source says one thing and then another says another and a 3rd voice tries to explain and then it all gets so messed up nobody know what was said by whom or when or if real.  Expect the unexpected seems to be the mantra of the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe it has more to do with speaker of the moment rather than not being told - one source says one thing and then another says another and a 3rd voice tries to explain and then it all gets so messed up nobody know what was said by whom or when or if real.  Expect the unexpected seems to be the mantra of the moment.

It was an official announcement by the governor on social media. In Thai so cannot explain everything that was said.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

It was an official announcement by the governor on social media. In Thai so cannot explain everything that was said.

I do not doubt what you say and am only talking in general but "social media" is not an official source in most countries.  Things have to be signed and published so between media and publication there can, and today there have been, changes made in some such announcements.  We seem to be at a fork in the road with no good choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

We seem to be at a fork in the road with no good choice.

Are you thinking we are forked which ever route we take?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I do not doubt what you say and am only talking in general but "social media" is not an official source in most countries.  Things have to be signed and published so between media and publication there can, and today there have been, changes made in some such announcements.  We seem to be at a fork in the road with no good choice.

Well what the wife showed me was on Government letterhead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreasyFingers said:

Well what the wife showed me was on Government letterhead.

If it was the wife who told you......you don't need a government letterhead........like the T-shirts say.....I don't need google......my wife is always right.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Surelynot said:

If it was the wife who told you......you don't need a government letterhead........like the T-shirts say.....I don't need google......my wife is always right.

It was on the social media site. Do we really have to explain everything to (deleted).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Well what the wife showed me was on Government letterhead.

And now Chiang Mai is in the same camp.  The ball continues to roll toward more restrictions.  I am not saying otherwise and actually was one of the first reporting it.  But it remains a very cloudy area.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

How do they know from where you have come?

Well I guess, if they were intelligent which they are not, the RTP could request an immediate search on their cell locations over the previous 24 hours. They could also rely on honesty - that would rule out the majority or they may just suspect something is wrong if they are coughing and spitting out snot or other revolting tricks but unfortunately that is a common trait anyway 😄

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Excel said:

Well I guess, if they were intelligent which they are not, the RTP could request an immediate search on their cell locations over the previous 24 hours. They could also rely on honesty - that would rule out the majority or they may just suspect something is wrong if they are coughing and spitting out snot or other revolting tricks but unfortunately that is a common trait anyway 😄

Assuming they ID or a drivers license the plod might be able to read.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreasyFingers said:

Assuming they ID or a drivers license the plod might be able to read.

Well if asking for a DL that would rule out another 50%. No the real answer which they should consider is introduce they old medieval ducking stool. The police would strap  the driver into the stool  and duck him, or her, into the water for  5 minutes. If they survived they were obviously using witchcraft and hence could be suitably dealt with and if not , well they were telling the truth after all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

If it was the wife who told you......you don't need a government letterhead........like the T-shirts say.....I don't need google......my wife is always right.

Write on an official letter the following:

It is not good to take money from foreigner. You must honour him and be available whenever he desires.

 

She will believe it/

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

It was on the social media site. Do we really have to explain everything to (deleted).

You don't understand humor????

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

on the spot road tests are from 600b, in hospitals can be 2k.

Hospitalisation is free.

Get a yearly covid insurance for 500b, premium for 800b, for a peace of mind. Might give you a bed in a hotel instead of field hospital with 100 beds on top of each other 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Might give you a bed in a hotel instead of field hospital with 100 beds on top of each other 

Or one of the 4,000 new cardboard beds.EzOnCBYVEAY25pi?format=jpg&name=large

Image

Edited by lopburi3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...