Expert warns COVID wave may be much worse than one and two - expect 1,000 cases/day

webfact

Some troll posts and replies have been removed.

Some posts in violation of fair use policy have been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Some off topic posts about Polio have been removed. 

Edited by metisdead

11 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Well there are 967 cases today so it's looks like he was pretty much spot on.

Nt a huge rise in the three days it took you to respond and consider almost 200 of these are in prisons. In a country of 70 million  it is not a large number. Diligence required yes, panic...no. Please post the number of serious hospitalizations requiring ventilators or recorded deaths, which hopefully will be none or as close to it as possible

• Sad 2

On 4/7/2021 at 8:56 AM, JustinMoore said:

That's the problem with living in a 3rd world country, the vaccines are slow to arrive in a lot of those places.  I know in the U.S. they plan on vaccinating their own people first, which will be done in about the next 30 days.  After that they will work on vaccinating the rest of the world.   There are so many different types of vaccines out there right now it's crazy lol.  The Thailand government is doing a terrible job of vaccinating its people.  Either way, the pandemic will end in every part of the world within the next 60 days, so don't be a coward.  

The U.S. will take a bit longer than 30 days, though it is going well.  Here are the current numbers from the CDC:  https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

image.png.8d810e712ab12e18ab8946b59d56762a.png

The number of shots per day is now about 3 million, though one day recently (April 3) it was 4 million.  Glad I bought stock in ACME Knitting Needle and Syringe Co. last year. 

Keep in mind that about 65,000 new cases are reported daily.  Better than January 8th with > 300,000.  December 2020 through January 2021 was around 200,000 per day! 

Here's an ugly pic from Jan 2020 to now:

image.png.a6d93dff9766351c05018cd6391a8743.png

Edited by Damrongsak

7 hours ago, skorp13 said:

Nt a huge rise in the three days it took you to respond and consider almost 200 of these are in prisons. In a country of 70 million  it is not a large number. Diligence required yes, panic...no. Please post the number of serious hospitalizations requiring ventilators or recorded deaths, which hopefully will be none or as close to it as possible

Deputy Director of Disease Control Thailand Sopon Iamsirithaworn just warned it could be 9,000 cases a day average or even up to 28,000 per day. No link to that but you'll find it in Bangkok Post.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

OMG!  That's insane.  Front page of the post.  Also a warning that if the Brazilian or South African variants get here, the current jabs on offer won't work!!!!!  Double UGH.

Wonder where the members are that said this wave would never amount to anything.  Just scaremongering by the government.  Hmmm.....

I hope for everybody's sake those numbers are not reached but really it would not be surprising given the lack of care and concern given to the general population by the incompetent and corrupt people manipulating this country for their own benefit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

While approximately 68 million Americans are now fully vaccinated, nearly 40% of U.S. marines have chosen to not receive the vaccine, and medical officials within the armed forces say that number could be even higher.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/live-news/covid-19-vaccine-usa-cases-and-daily-news-and-information/912341

Why?

3 minutes ago, mahtin said:

While approximately 68 million Americans are now fully vaccinated, nearly 40% of U.S. marines have chosen to not receive the vaccine, and medical officials within the armed forces say that number could be even higher.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/live-news/covid-19-vaccine-usa-cases-and-daily-news-and-information/912341

Why?

Politics.  Republicans seem to be following the lead of Trump, and the nonsense from QAnon and social media.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vaccine-hesitancy-republican-men/

I'm generally quite chill, but this frivolous discourse of private persons spreading panic through mass media starts to annoy quite a bit. Omg, there may be a whopping 1000 cases per day! OMG! Brace yourselves! My home country, that is a bit smaller than Bangkok in terms of population, has around 1.5k per day since autumn, officially. Officially, means, it's what gov-t is okay to publish.
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a co vid denier. Still having cough after being sick for a month back in March last year, while never having any problem with my lower respiratory system before. Not even a bronchitis. Could be the air though. But then abroad my mom actually had it and ended up having serious complications, even though she wasn't that sick in the active phase. So yeah, not a denier for sure. But man, this petty talk...

Who cares if it's a thousand cases per day, if most of them don't have any symptoms. If there are barely any complicated cases. The big deal is public mental health that keeps being tested for resilience.
Say what really matters and do only what makes a difference. This useless blah blah is just making people more frustrated. But then yeah, I'm also wasting my time here. Only venting the annoyance with this aggressive lack of common sense. Also, a bit confused why nobody was going crazy at the beginning of February, when the numbers were very similar. Wasn't trendy, I guess.

14 minutes ago, katts said:

I'm generally quite chill, but this frivolous discourse of private persons spreading panic through mass media starts to annoy quite a bit. Omg, there may be a whopping 1000 cases per day! OMG! Brace yourselves! My home country, that is a bit smaller than Bangkok in terms of population, has around 1.5k per day since autumn, officially. Officially, means, it's what gov-t is okay to publish.
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a co vid denier. Still having cough after being sick for a month back in March last year, while never having any problem with my lower respiratory system before. Not even a bronchitis. Could be the air though. But then abroad my mom actually had it and ended up having serious complications, even though she wasn't that sick in the active phase. So yeah, not a denier for sure. But man, this petty talk...

Who cares if it's a thousand cases per day, if most of them don't have any symptoms. If there are barely any complicated cases. The big deal is public mental health that keeps being tested for resilience.
Say what really matters and do only what makes a difference. This useless blah blah is just making people more frustrated. But then yeah, I'm also wasting my time here. Only venting the annoyance with this aggressive lack of common sense. Also, a bit confused why nobody was going crazy at the beginning of February, when the numbers were very similar. Wasn't trendy, I guess.

So, you had bronchitis and therefore COVID-19 is not so bad.

You wonder why people are concerned about 1,000 cases a day. The problem is the rate of increase, not the absolute numbers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gunderhill said:

And now we are at  a  1000 so his  prediction is  getting better by the day.

And that's almost a thousand the government wishes you to know about. I expect the real figures are way above that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2021 at 12:27 AM, skorp13 said:

First of all you were scoffing at the very idea of there being 1,000 cases a day, now you're saying it's not a huge rise.

So which is it, a totally ridiculous idea to start with, or not a huge rise anyway? You can't have it both ways.

Also, when the only point under discussion is the number of cases (which it was), then the question of whether they are serious or not is entirely irrelevant.

• Confused 1