Too Hot in Thailand

1 minute ago, Dmaxdan said:

Count yourself lucky. This time of year the temperature would normally be 40 plus, but the recent rain that most regions have had has cooled things down considerably.  

Funny thing is I was in the village where it was 37°c average and was sleeping better in the fan room than I do in bangkok with A/C on full blast, Plus I felt a feeling on contentness in isaan  , Where as bangkok I feel like I'm constantly stressed out .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Toohotinbangkok said:

Where as bangkok I feel like I'm constantly stressed out .

There is a big difference between city and country life...  personally, I prefer country living.. Bkk was a solid traffic jam last time I was there, 5 yrs ago..

4 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

There is a big difference between city and country life...  personally, I prefer country living.. Bkk was a solid traffic jam last time I was there, 5 yrs ago..

Yah I prefer the rural lifestyle, I find it easier to get motivated out in the sticks, The locals are alot more interesting as well, I miss it already.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toohotinbangkok said:

Yah I prefer the rural lifestyle, I find it easier to get motivated out in the sticks, The locals are alot more interesting as well, I miss it already.

i agree 100% - - people usually have time to relax and chat too... so? why live in Bkk?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

i agree 100% - - people usually have time to relax and chat too... so? why live in Bkk?

I'm not sure, But this place makes me lazy, Feels like shopping mall after shopping mall.... the brutal heat  makes me wanna stay in the room but then I go stir crazy from being stuck inside.... 

BKK is great but flawed, I think Lamai/ Samui might be the cure, Those locals are great.

5 hours ago, Toohotinbangkok said:

I'm not sure, But this place makes me lazy, Feels like shopping mall after shopping mall.... the brutal heat  makes me wanna stay in the room but then I go stir crazy from being stuck inside.... 

BKK is great but flawed, I think Lamai/ Samui might be the cure, Those locals are great.

Why did you go back to BKK if you preferred Isaan? Work? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Stupid question I know, but unless you are working here, why did you pick Thailand if you don't want hot weather?

Covid shouldn't be an excuse anymore for keeping you here and even if you are married, you can still move to colder clims; very little restrictions here even given the messed up global travel

Well--I think many westerners who haven't spent much time in the "tropics" think of the weather and the beaches as something akin to paradise. Soon they discover that after a ten-minute walk, they need a shower. I hate feeling sticky all the time too. But I wouldn't mind living in Chiang Mai if I really needed to leave my four-seasonal country.

1 minute ago, Dustdevil said:

Well--I think many westerners who haven't spent much time in the "tropics" think of the weather and the beaches as something akin to paradise. Soon they discover that after a ten-minute walk, they need a shower. I hate feeling sticky all the time too. But I wouldn't mind living in Chiang Mai if I really needed to leave my four-seasonal country.

Yesterday I had dehydration and felt like I needed a IV drip I was so tired, I think westerners who believe thailand is a paradise are often wrong, It can be opposite at times as well. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Toohotinbangkok said:

The locals are alot more interesting as well, I miss it already.

If by interesting you mean drinking more cheap rice whiskey and eating fermented fish with liver fluke parasites....I'd agree

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Toohotinbangkok said:

Yesterday I had dehydration and felt like I needed a IV drip I was so tired, I think westerners who believe thailand is a paradise are often wrong, It can be opposite at times as well. 

Clearly you are not cut out for Thailand...perhaps try California for a "lighter" stress load

22 hours ago, Toohotinbangkok said:

Yeh I wish the Indochina borders hurried up and opened <deleted>, I have had enough of thailand I think, now 15 months and I feel like I'm hitting a brick wall .

As I'm sure you know, after you are here a couple of years your body adapt somewhat. I don't mean you won't feel the heat in mar/apr/may but the rest of the year will get easier every year. 

When I was last in Thailand I’d meet Scandinavians in my condo block who’d tell me that they were in Thailand for a few months to escape the cold of a European winter. I’d reply that I was spending a few months in Thailand to escape the heat of an Australian summer.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tonray said:

If by interesting you mean drinking more cheap rice whiskey and eating fermented fish with liver fluke parasites....I'd agree

No I drank Leo which is also terrible and gives some abnormal mentally insane hangovers,  I miss European beer, red meat  ,decent cheeses decent bread and pasta.

I don't enjoy eating rice and noodles 20 times a week in 40°c heat, sorry but I just don't.

• Sad 1

Just now, Toohotinbangkok said:

No I drank Leo which is also terrible and gives some abnormal mentally insane hangovers,  I miss European beer, red meat  ,decent cheeses decent bread and pasta.

I don't enjoy eating rice and noodles 20 times a week in 40°c heat, sorry but I just don't.

Just curious, why come to Thailand if you seem you like nothing about it ?