Too Hot in Thailand

9 minutes ago, Toohotinbangkok said:

No you just seem to not be able to see faults in it, Me I just think it's too darn hot and the cheap beer is garbage  and it's getting to expensive to live here.

Why come to Thailand and continue to Stay here. ?

• Like 1

I think one of the main problems with you getting too hot is the relying on AC, you will never get used to the heat and humidity if you constantly use it. I resist using it until I have to,  even then its never set below 27, usually 28 and set to cool the area and not me directly.

The drinking beer to excess won't help either, limit yourself to a couple a day, drinking it with ice will help with hydration too.

Saying that though BKK is a hot baking city I couldn't live there, give me rural Issan any day.

1 minute ago, Adiudon said:

I think one of the main problems with you getting too hot is the relying on AC, you will never get used to the heat and humidity if you constantly use it. I resist using it until I have to,  even then its never set below 27, usually 28 and set to cool the area and not me directly.

The drinking beer to excess won't help either, limit yourself to a couple a day, drinking it with ice will help with hydration too.

Saying that though BKK is a hot baking city I couldn't live there, give me rural Issan any day.

Yah bangkok does some horrible things to my mental state, I don't eat or sleep properly , I don't do my laundry  just because I don't want the stress of leaving the room, Makes me angry too like my neighbour's yelling in the hallway... I feel more sensitive to rude behavior in BKK.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Toohotinbangkok said:

Yesterday I had dehydration and felt like I needed a IV drip I was so tired, I think westerners who believe thailand is a paradise are often wrong, It can be opposite at times as well. 

You sound pathetic. Grow up and sort yourself out. 

Why live in BKK if you don't like it. 

Go north where it's cooler, or to an area with offshore sea breeze. 

Get a room with air-conditioned. 

Thousands of people would give almost anything,  to live in tropical climate,like Thailand. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, murraynz said:

You sound pathetic. Grow up and sort yourself out. 

Why live in BKK if you don't like it. 

Go north where it's cooler, or to an area with offshore sea breeze. 

Get a room with air-conditioned. 

Thousands of people would give almost anything,  to live in tropical climate,like Thailand. 

Thailand has turned me into another complaining  expat/miserable alcoholic....

Thanks alot Thailand for making me this way, Now I'll I'll have a Luke warm beer in the 37°c heat at 10.00 am to cheer my self up.....

Pfffftttt paradise....... 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Toohotinbangkok said:

Don't blame the country - it had SFA to do with it.

You are responsible for your own well being, no one else.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Don't blame the country - it had SFA to do with it.

You are responsible for your own well being, no one else.

Yes but I am a alcoholic, I Have delirium every morning until I get a beer, I get angry at the 7/11 clerks if they take there time to serve me.

That's not my fault.

• Haha 1

I have found that except in November to January, I prefer to be near the ocean while I visit Thailand, as the oceans

breezes make the hot weather more bearable.  Less smog and dirty air than in Bangkok most of the year as well.\

Geezer

• Like 1

If you are young enough, I would have a look at Panama, it looks a lot better place to settle down and easy paths to permanent residency / citizenship, plus has good healthcare and benefits. They actually welcome foreigners there. I wish I'd came across it years a go.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:48 AM, Toohotinbangkok said:

Funny thing is I was in the village where it was 37°c average and was sleeping better in the fan room than I do in bangkok with A/C on full blast, Plus I felt a feeling on contentness in isaan  , Where as bangkok I feel like I'm constantly stressed out .

That will pass Quickly 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tonray said:

Why come to Thailand and continue to Stay here. ?

Your not allowed to ask that type of question on here. The bashers don't like being held accountable for their own actions ????

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Hasn't anybody twigged that this is just a troll winding us up?

Reported...

He could have at least come with a better game. I mean, no pregnant GF, no 'brother' staying with wife whikes he's back in UK, no HIV ladyboy fears...the sea is deep for trolling if you use the right bait.

On 4/7/2021 at 11:29 AM, Toohotinbangkok said:

I'm not sure, But this place makes me lazy, Feels like shopping mall after shopping mall.... the brutal heat  makes me wanna stay in the room but then I go stir crazy from being stuck inside.... 

BKK is great but flawed, I think Lamai/ Samui might be the cure, Those locals are great.

Why live in a heat sink surrounded by concrete, I'm on Koh Chang at the moment, 28c 30m above sea level excellent beaches,  Macro, Big C , Tesco.

many places to eat western food,/cook your own food, but you really need to sort out your alcoholism, hung over all and everyday yuk !

• Like 1

You are lucky this year.

I walk golf courses & this year has been great so far, have not had a stinker yet, 

how I judge is how often I need to towel down & have not needed too this year.

Maybe once Covid under control you need to get outa here 

I divide Thailand into three seasons.

February - May: The build up. Usually hot and humid, with occasional thunderstorms as the months progress. Not unusual to get a string of 3 or 4 days at plus 40 degrees.

June - September: The wet season. Still hot and humid, but overcast conditions, showers and thunderstorms cool things down most days. This is my favourite time of the year.

October - January: The dry season. Can still be hot (October, November and December), but the humidity drops off. Can get spells of cool weather from mid-December to mid-February.

While this year hasn't been too severe, the heat can get me down. Particularly when we get a string of 40 degree days and no relief. I really have problems getting enough fluid into me. I went to the hospital yesterday for a blood check and they said my creatinine levels are high, indicating too much salt/not enough water.

If anything every drives me out of Thailand, I suspect it will be a run of hot years. Thankfully the last few years haven't been so bad.

Edited by Stevemercer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Toohotinbangkok said:

Yesterday I had dehydration and felt like I needed a IV drip I was so tired, I think westerners who believe thailand is a paradise are often wrong, It can be opposite at times as well. 

Try drinking electrolite replacement  and  rehydrating drinks like Gatorade/powerade and Thai brand drinks . They have a lot of salt in them so be sure to drink cool water as well.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:46 AM, Dmaxdan said:

Count yourself lucky. This time of year the temperature would normally be 40 plus, but the recent rain that most regions have had has cooled things down considerably.  

I'd go further and say it's been quite a moderate hot season so far. I know from the meteorological dept. that it's reached 40 some days, but I can live with that. I agree the recent rain was very nice, and the meteorological dept. has predicted that the rainy season will start a bit early, in May. Hot weather is one of the reasons I'm here. I used to live in Michigan.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Toohotinbangkok said:

Thanks alot Thailand for making me this way, Now I'll I'll have a Luke warm beer in the 37°c heat at 10.00 am to cheer my self up.....

Pfffftttt paradise....... 

Yes, blame everybody/thing else. 

But you sound more like a troll

On 4/7/2021 at 4:48 AM, Toohotinbangkok said:

I felt a feeling on contentness in isaan  , Where as bangkok I feel like I'm constantly stressed out .

I feel a contentness in Bangkok, where as in Isan I feel like I'm constantly stressed out.........5 day weddings, 5 day funerals, banging music, PA systems, soi dogs.............each to his own

4 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Try drinking electrolite replacement  and  rehydrating drinks like Gatorade/powerade and Thai brand drinks . They have a lot of salt in them so be sure to drink cool water as well.

Had a couple of GF's....... keen tea drinkers....but with salt in place of sugar.

37 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I feel a contentness in Bangkok, where as in Isan I feel like I'm constantly stressed out.........5 day weddings, 5 day funerals, banging music, PA systems, soi dogs.............each to his own

Yeh well I was new to the village life so it was interesting , BKK is still great but requires alot of patience I notice  , Especially with all the restrictions like masks  and one way entrances to all the stores, BTS.

Amazingly I think now there's less farangs in Thailand the locals are alot less Jaded, This last year has been very warm reception from the locals people.

• Like 1

For me it sometimes feels too hot an humid too. Will give Da Lat, Vietnam a try when going there is possible again.

Here a list of cooler locations around the world: 14 Paradise Climates for Travelers who Want to Live Abroad
"List of Cities with as Close to Perfect Climates on Planet: - When there is no need for Air Conditioning, or Furnaces, when the temperature is around 70 degree all year long. At 1500 Meters, around 5000 Feet, in Tropical area, 23.5 above, and below the equator, there are super climates."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Toohotinbangkok said:

I think westerners who believe thailand is a paradise are often wrong, It can be opposite at times as well. 

Everyone has to experience this for themselves. Did this apply to you too perhaps until not so long ago?

Many who fall in love with a destination usually do it while on vacation and we know that a vacation is much different to actually living in a new foreign country.

It's just inevitable that we go through a honemoon phase, followed by a reality check phase and then an adaptation phase, unless we decide it's not for us after all. And this isn't going to change.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Dome said:

Everyone has to experience this for themselves. Did this apply to you too perhaps until not so long ago?

Many who fall in love with a destination usually do it while on vacation and we know that a vacation is much different to actually living in a new foreign country.

It's just inevitable that we go through a honemoon phase, followed by a reality check phase and then an adaptation phase, unless we decide it's not for us after all. And this isn't going to change.

Immm I been here 12 years, Why are expats so snooty,  uppity and snobbish in Thailandthe #1 question on my mind?