Health and Mind

YogaDave1146

Looking at world statistics, as well as Thai, the majority of cases of covid infection go from asymptomatic to having mild symptoms, and very few people get really sick. In all fairness this should be mentioned - often. When I say majority I am talking 99% who bounce out of the infection with nothing more than a light cold. In a Buddhist country we should recall the teachings of Buddha who stated clearly that all states begin in the mind. Spreading negative possibilities is a mistake from that perspective. Let us focus on the much brighter positive aspect and let Thailand open again as a happy place "land of smiles", which it has been for decades.

• Like 1

I would question that 99% figure... and many people do have lingering lung and other illness from covid - some that seriously impact quality of life... 

just sayin'.

The stats seem to reflect whoevers brand of Kool-Aid you are drinking

99% do NOT "bounce out of the infection with nothing more than a light cold".

About 20% have severe symptoms.

And somewhere between one-quarter and one-third of infected people develop long term problems after recovery from the acute infection - including people whose initial infection was mild or asymptomatic.