Pattaya: Deputy mayor gives update on plans for Jomtien Beach renewal

webfact

9pm.jpg
Picture: Sophon Cable TV

A deputy mayor of Pattaya, Pattana Bunsawat, gave Sophon Cable TV an update on plans in progress for the development and renewal of Jomtien Beach. 

At the moment the mayor is in receipt of the plans and deciding on budgets. It is hoped to utilized government funds.

The sand restoration and improvement project is costing 300 million baht and is being done in three phases from Lung Sawai restuarnt to the Wat Bun Kanchanaram temple, Grand Hotel to the Don Tan turning, and from there to Yin Yom Beach at Phratumnak Soi 5.

168917679_4106762906011279_4824540240527613044_n.jpg
Picture: Sophon Cable TV
Parking for 1,000 cars is being created. 

There will be activity areas to promote tourism and bring in revenue for operators. 

There will be fitness and areas for walking free of obstacles. 

There will be bicycle lanes away from walkers. 

And the handicapped and seniors will be catered for with things like special ramps. 

Pictures: Sophon Cable TV

167601168_4106762896011280_4886199619048904091_n.jpg

168835755_4106762436011326_7731153984187445820_n.jpg

168694025_4106762439344659_2194520566154315021_n.jpg

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Looks like the beach area was not sterilized enough in the last make over, so they are coming back to finish the job.......What's left of the big trees could very well be headed for the chopping block.....But boy do they love palm trees........Looks like they will be planted by the thousands..........

They plant Palm trees absolutely everywhere....And I think they pretty much hate all other trees.....

There’s money in palm trees.... depending on specie$.

14 minutes ago, eddie61 said:

There’s money in palm trees.... depending on specie$.

Nong Nooch do a lot of work for Pattaya city; I hope they desist from swamping the place with the concrete wildlife which has done much to spoil their own place.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Looks like the beach area was not sterilized enough in the last make over, so they are coming back to finish the job.......What's left of the big trees could very well be headed for the chopping block.....But boy do they love palm trees........Looks like they will be planted by the thousands..........

They plant Palm trees absolutely everywhere....And I think they pretty much hate all other trees.....

don't mention Palm Trees ! I positively hate them and just had a huge struggle even with a 4ton Kubota to rid my garden of the damn things .  Previous owner planted them close to the house and perimeter wall and what a job to remove the roots !! They went everywhere , under the house , under the wall , around pipes !!  There are other trees and methods of shade .

IMG_20210330_105303.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Emdog said:

Didn't they do enough damage during last "improvement"? Is this their big chance to get rid of the shade trees they missed last time out?

No benches for sitting, no circles for hanging out with friends.

This seems to be all about doing some budget skimming and rewarding friends with fat contracts

Their model here with these cartoon pictures is basically a glorified parking lot. With no clue as to what Western visitors would like in the environment. Yes ^ that seems what it's all about.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, morrobay said:

Their model here with these cartoon pictures is basically a glorified parking lot. With no clue as to what Western visitors would like in the environment. Yes ^ that seems what it's all about.

The last improvement was awful. This looks worse. Do any of the "planners" ever get out of their cars, actually try walking the sidewalks? Have they even been to the beach? I highly doubt it