Thailand reports 334 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday

webfact

I have a dozen family members coming from all over Bangkok and Samut Prakan to Udon Thani in 3 days. Can't say I'm liking this. Then I have to go get a stamp at the Embassy in a couple of weeks. Everything is just bad timing now.

Local news blogger Richard Barrow quotes a Thai PBS report in TH language saying...

Barrow.jpg.e6f1c8cadc4646a99d705a0c136ab2bd.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/richardbarrowthailand/posts/308360557316881

How the various provinces listed would actually, practically handle a 14-day quarantine for Song Kran traveling Thais coming from high COVID areas remains a bit of a mystery... and I haven't seen any explanation of that.

The other wrinkle, as Richard points out elsewhere, is the latest province map released by the government Wednesday didn't list BKK or any other provinces as "red" zones or provinces. Though a prior proposal (not yet adopted) had proposed placing BKK and four other provinces in "red zone" designations.

Here was the government's latest map from Wednesday--no red zones:

586265535_CovidZones.jpg.a7d18e0f87d223788becd427e500116d.jpg

Here is the prior day's version that wasn't/hasn't yet been adopted.

Screenshot_19.jpg.461c302a7234b4c3af91c161ea13e8e7.jpg

Clear as mud, right?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I agree, the foot taken off the pedal by far too many people & also the track & trace 

being ignored by far too many folks, of which the Pub owners rather than get into an argument have let go as well.

Combination of factors, but in their defence the infected customers got it fom somewhere , not in the Pub

NBT World / the National News Bureau of Thailand also is reporting that 9 of nearly 190 police officers tested at the Thong Lo police station thus far have tested positive for COVID and been hospitalized, and another 22 officers considered to be close contacts are going to serve 14-day quarantines.  The report said the 9 officers were among those who had been inspecting Thong Lo nightlife venues.

342888025_ThongLo.jpg.4a1c1aea3932ec725fcd23f75ed71071.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/videos/1426217127732193

The portion of the video news report above pertaining to the Thong Lo police begins at the 4 minute, 35 second point.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

11 hours ago, HOAX said:

I have a dozen family members coming from all over Bangkok and Samut Prakan to Udon Thani in 3 days. Can't say I'm liking this. Then I have to go get a stamp at the Embassy in a couple of weeks. Everything is just bad timing now.

Leave home before they arrive, ????

• Haha 2