Preparing for Phang Nga and Phuket Visit - Need Advice

midorilynn

My wife and I are retired, living in Khon Kaen.  We are driving leisurely to Phang Nga and Phuket.  I made reservations to stay in Phang Nga and Phuket at the end of April for 8 days.  Do I have to register?  Am I subject to quarantine?  Will I be told to turnaround at the two provincial borders for whatever reason?  Is there anything that I need to prepare for that could get in the way of our visit?

We have just come back from there (17 days golfing, snorkeling and doing nothing) ... hotels prices have fallen a lot.  Paid 1400thb/night in Dewa Phuket and 1300thb/night in Eden Beach (Khao Lak). Go direct to the hotels for promotion prices.

Sorry haven't answered your question. I will suggest that no one knows what will be the situation in 2-3 weeks time. I do know that hotels in the area have already had cancellations AND my wife and I would not be going if we had planned a holiday for your dates ... unlucky  

On the way down/back we stopped in Hau Hin (Grand Pacific Soverigh) 1700thb/night and also stopped in Chumphon ... wouldn't recommend either of the places we stopped at ... PM me if you want their names, and a suggestion.

Things are changing rapidly.  Be prepared for problems.  We were about to do the same trip as you in early January, then they banned anyone from the red districts.  That was us.  So we had to put the trip off by about 3 weeks.  It was open then.  But could easily close again

IMHO, I'd wait a bit before taking off.  This virus is really starting to take off again.

• Like 2