Mass vaccination program starts in June

webfact

1 hour ago, DLock said:

You seem confused.

I refer to the Thai press...how many photos or videos of SB factory, production line or manufactured vaccines have you seen? How many interviews or updates have you seen?

AZ approving a factory doesn't mean they are on schedule or they will hit the self imposed targets...

If you have anything worthwhile to add, please do...but you don't.

There's also to my understanding no independent or SB proof that SB has actually produced any doses. No count from government audit, news media, SB officers. SB claims it's on its 5th "line" of doses (whatever that means in terms of count) but again no independent verification. If true why is it holding its entire production to date for an alleged release in June?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DLock said:

You seem confused.

I refer to the Thai press...how many photos or videos of SB factory, production line or manufactured vaccines have you seen? How many interviews or updates have you seen?

AZ approving a factory doesn't mean they are on schedule or they will hit the self imposed targets...

If you have anything worthwhile to add, please do...but you don't.

You can't see any manufactured vaccines as they will get the ingredients in June.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Well, to be honest, I don't subscribe to these 'majorities'. I do not believe any of the vaccines are useless and have had an armful of AZ for a month - which I was delighted to receive. I cannot, however, come up with any logical solution as to why so many Thai doses are left unused.

Three months ago the UK was a basket case with 60000+ cases per day and 1500+ deaths daily.

After mass vaccination we are down to 2400 cases and 20 deaths daily.

Wasting vaccines is simply criminal. 

Don't know why you quoted me for . I'm all for vaccination.  And I agree with you. I have no answer to why Thailand is not distributing their vaccine faster  how any of that applies to my post im not sure 

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

You can't see any manufactured vaccines as they will get the ingredients in June.

That is incorrect according to various articles only.

In the press on February 8th (search "FIRM SAYS VACCINE PRODUCTION HAS STARTED, BUT WON’T LET MEDIA SEE IT", SB claimed they have already completed Batch 1 of the vaccine and currently in production of Batch 2.

...and if SB only receive ingredients in June, it would be 3 or 4 months at least before they were ready to manufacture commercial quantities.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, starky said:

Don't know why you quoted me for . I'm all for vaccination.  And I agree with you. I have no answer to why Thailand is not distributing their vaccine faster  how any of that applies to my post im not sure 

It was your line "So who cares if they selling it? " that elicited the response.

I care.

56 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This was back in Feb

FIRM SAYS VACCINE PRODUCTION HAS STARTED, BUT WON’T LET MEDIA SEE IT 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/02/08/firm-says-vaccine-production-has-started-but-wont-let-media-see-it/

Probably because all the staff are isolating due to COVID-19 infections ???? 

Sarcasm Alert on ????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ukrules said:

Once the AZ vaccine is in full production / roll out they will have more vaccine supplies than all the other COVAX countries.

It's just taking a little longer to get started.

First they will catch up, then they will surpass - so long as the roll out is handled well.

Oh please!  It's a complete failure.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ukrules said:

Once the AZ vaccine is in full production / roll out they will have more vaccine supplies than all the other COVAX countries.

First they will catch up, then they will surpass - so long as the roll out is handled well.

This ad was paid for by the ministry of health.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Susco said:

They have never manufactured a vaccine in the past.

In the US J&J wasted 15 million doses, what could go wrong in Thailand

That was Astra Zenica screw up..  J&J have taken over that production facility.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

That was Astra Zenica screw up..  J&J have taken over that production facility.

https://www.wistv.com/2021/04/01/wasted-million-johnson-johnson-doses-affecting-local-south-carolina-pharmacies/

Wasted 15 million Johnson & Johnson doses affecting local South Carolina pharmacies

A mix up of vaccine ingredients at a manufacturing plant in Baltimore has ruined 15 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

6 hours ago, mrfill said:

Well, to be honest, I don't subscribe to these 'majorities'. I do not believe any of the vaccines are useless and have had an armful of AZ for a month - which I was delighted to receive. I cannot, however, come up with any logical solution as to why so many Thai doses are left unused.

Three months ago the UK was a basket case with 60000+ cases per day and 1500+ deaths daily.

After mass vaccination we are down to 2400 cases and 20 deaths daily.

Wasting vaccines is simply criminal. 

Not ordering vaccines also.

The only rolling out....is the actual mass vaccination date.

Since the proposed  March has come and gone, let's roll it 3 month ahead...

Not sure what happened though,

The big brother was quick to sell little needed submarine, but can't vaccines?

Thailand designated the AstraZeneca main vaccine, 

And they may get lucky now that half Europe halted to administer it for risk of blood clots...

But good news they already know that tourism will earn 6.5 billion this year for the country.

The fortune tellers are in high demand still.

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

Do you really believe in the post you wrote....... This Government has been flip flopping from day one over vaccinations, they 1st said mass vaccination would start at the end of February!!!!  But now it's June, and if you believe the AZ production will start later this year, I wouldn't be holding your breath, and there going to catch up to whom...... 

15 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I don't know how they will proceed but my advise would be to wait and see

Clear link between AstraZeneca vaccine and rare blood clots in brain, EMA official tells paper

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-astrazeneca-vaccin-idUSKBN2BT1ER

Yes, scaremonger over sensationalist tripe with all the other dopes over nothing while millions of lives get saved why don't you. Whatever happened to that really bored/utterly baffled looking emoji? Incredible.

Edited by daveAustin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Do you really believe in the post you wrote....... This Government has been flip flopping from day one over vaccinations, they 1st said mass vaccination would start at the end of February!!!!  But now it's June, and if you believe the AZ production will start later this year, I wouldn't be holding your breath, and there going to catch up to whom...... 

Yes, once the production lines are up and running I believe that they will finally do what's needed.

Delays, perhaps - but the mass vaccination roll out is inevitable and it's coming soon.

Initial shipments of the same AZ vaccine have been delayed, not sure why but this is an alternate supply. I had a theory that they wanted to use vaccine made in Thailand over imported vaccines and I'm still wondering about that. Would probably be much cheaper.

• Like 1

Just heard late yesterday from Bumrungrad Hospital via email that they ....

"have already completed the process  of ordering Thai FDA approved COVID 19 vaccines, having followed government regulations and procedures. Additionally we have been coordinating with other private hospitals in obtaining more vaccines."

Maybe the private hospitals will get ahead of the mass June vaccine rollout.

18 hours ago, DLock said:

You beat me to it Brian...but I thought I could not post the link. Thanks.

Here an article from about 3 weeks ago:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/health-minister-expects-first-batch-of-thai-made-astrazeneca-vaccine-in-june-thai-pbs-world-tonight-17th-march-2021/

The AstraZeneca representative is satisfied with the standard of Siam Bioscience’s production facility and is confident that the first batch of the locally-produced vaccine will be available for delivery in June,

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Here an article from about 3 weeks ago:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/health-minister-expects-first-batch-of-thai-made-astrazeneca-vaccine-in-june-thai-pbs-world-tonight-17th-march-2021/

The AstraZeneca representative is satisfied with the standard of Siam Bioscience’s production facility and is confident that the first batch of the locally-produced vaccine will be available for delivery in June,

I'm not sure I would ever use what Anutin says as a debate point...and what else would AZ say?

When SB can prove they are on track, I will believe. Until then, I remain a sceptic.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2021 at 12:55 PM, Mavideol said:

I don't know how they will proceed but my advise would be to wait and see

Clear link between AstraZeneca vaccine and rare blood clots in brain, EMA official tells paper

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-astrazeneca-vaccin-idUSKBN2BT1ER

I am wondering.

Are you part of the 'NO VACCINE movement ?

And "wait and see".

Jeez, you're a genius !

On 4/7/2021 at 2:35 PM, KhaoNiaw said:

I would have thought that was up to the hospitals to sort for themselves. And they're going to be way down the queue that the drug companies are selling to for a long time yet. 

Money probably go talk..as always...

and do not forget the private hospitals ar NOT non profits .....So they shall have the needed from their collegues from the equal so  money liking  Pharma industry  ????

Edited by david555