New Que Process At Jomtien Immigration Office

patsfangr

This form of queueing has been going on a while; at least it is under cover. If the queue is too long go and have a coffee at the restaurant next door. I highly reccomend their pancake and maple syrup. Aroy!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, johng said:

Did you go early ?   sometimes its better to go  later morning or in the afternoon when there are often less or no queue to get in the door.

Farang are good at getting up early and queuing but I agree best to go late morning or afternoon, same Transport Office

• Like 1

With the way that Covid is taking off, any form of queuing is a big no-no as far as I'm concerned. I don't have to go to Immigration until my next 90-day report in June, but if things are still like this - or possibly much worse on the virus front - then I'll use an agent.

13 hours ago, patsfangr said:

. The caveat is that, like most "big brother" apps today, it will give "someone" access to much of your personal data, as well as your location whenever it's used.

I guess one can go into the App and remove the permissions once you have done with immigration?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, johng said:

Did you go early ?   sometimes its better to go  later morning or in the afternoon when there are often less or no queue to get in the door.

I'd be surprised if that app works!

It would be a great idea to fix or perhaps only switch on the 90 days online system again to reduce the Covid danger at the immigration. Many people stood in the queue only for the 90 day reporting. 

11 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

might take longer than 20 mins to use it.....whats the point !!!

The point is not to be kept waiting outside in the blazing sun or rain I expect......

Never been able to use QeuQ. Won't even accept my email when I try to register. Went to Jomtien last week for 90 day and residency cert at about 11am walked straight up to 90 day desk and then a 15 min wait at Cert of Res desk for pick up 1hr later!

4 hours ago, Oldie said:

It would be a great idea to fix or perhaps only switch on the 90 days online system again to reduce the Covid danger at the immigration. Many people stood in the queue only for the 90 day reporting. 

I stood in it for 50 minutes yesterday morning for a 90 day report, once inside 10 minutes only.

Made the mistake of going the day after a public holiday also when they announced over stayers can extend until July

25 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

Last time I did it I went in right near the close. Walked right in and out when all the morning people were finishing.

Never could figure out why people que first thing in the morning.

Now and again that backfires, and they are not issuing any more tickets, and they tell you to return after lunch. You are left with time to kill and usually in a glut of people arriving just before the lunch ends. I agree that getting there before opening in the morning is usually not a good idea.... it is old guy queuing syndrome. I live quite far away and do not have the luxury of a short walk from a View Talay that some of my pals have.

Went at 10am yesterday for my retirement extension half a dozen only in the queue before me.....quite a wait for my paperwork to be checked as there was only the one person....lady showed up later just as I was finished.

As I was waiting one lady in full uniform flittered about the room....I rated her a solid 9...lucky hubby/boyfriend

I live abut 11 kms away and always go first thing in the morning. Usually I'm there before the "horde" arrives and (usually) I'm in/out within minutes of them starting to work.
By going early, it gives me the opportunity to respond in the event "something" has changed. As I normally only go there once every 3 months, a lot can change since the last time I was there. (I also like to add in a shopping run or visit on the way home so that it's not just a run to Immigration and back.)

If something has changed, it's usually been something minor (like the last time when I got to the front desk and found out I needed photocopies of my face page and last 90 day slip - and then saw that the person in front of me at the photocopier inside the building had a stack of 30+ passports that she needed photocopies for.)

However I have noticed, as others have mentioned, that the crowds often thin out or are almost gone completely by around 10ish in the morning or shortly after 2 in the afternoon.

When next I must go to renew my Extension, I will try to force myself to go later, and use the QueQ app just to see if it works. I've had it on my phone for awhile now and am not the least concerned that "big brother" may try to track me.

The thought of which is hilarious, as though anyone here is so important that the gov't would want to track them anyways. Or couldn't simply track them a different way.
You know, like by tracking their phone - with their Thai SIM card in it - that "big brother" already knows about because they have that information on file along with your address, date of birth, nationality, passport number and banking information. (You know, all that "personal data" that you give Immigration every year.)

If they really wanted to track you, they wouldn't have to backdoor an app like QueQ to do it.

May I ask about the procedure once you have confirmed the appointment time on the QueQ app? Do you just go up to the door at Immi, show them your appointment on your phone and then they let you in without having to join the queue outside? Or is that too logical? 

Edited by thoengthaied

1 minute ago, thoengthaied said:

May I ask about the procedure once you have confirmed the appointment time on the Queq app? Do you just go up to the door at Immi, show them your appointment on your phone and then they let you in without having to join the queue outside?

You are supposed to wait outside until they call your number (at the appointed time) over the PA system, then go to the head of the line (if there is one) and show them the appointment confirmation number on your phone. 

Should be a 6 digit alpha-numeric number like "AQ4019".

The last couple times I was there early, they started calling the numbers before they let anyone else in the door. The people who'd made appointments went to the door, showed the confirmation number on their phone and were let in. Everyone else was kept outside. (It was about 5 minutes before they started letting the horde in).

Note that I think more than a couple people missed their appointments as I heard a couple numbers being called, but no one went to the door. I think if you show up late it's "too bad, so sad, go to the back of the line with you". 
(Not positive about that though. You could be like some people you see who miss when their number is called, for whatever reason, and then try to push in ahead of the people whose numbers are currently on the board. Seen that more than a few times. Sometimes they get lucky.)

9 hours ago, Kerryd said:

You are supposed to wait outside until they call your number (at the appointed time) over the PA system, then go to the head of the line (if there is one) and show them the appointment confirmation number on your phone. 

Should be a 6 digit alpha-numeric number like "AQ4019".

The last couple times I was there early, they started calling the numbers before they let anyone else in the door. The people who'd made appointments went to the door, showed the confirmation number on their phone and were let in. Everyone else was kept outside. (It was about 5 minutes before they started letting the horde in).

Note that I think more than a couple people missed their appointments as I heard a couple numbers being called, but no one went to the door. I think if you show up late it's "too bad, so sad, go to the back of the line with you". 
(Not positive about that though. You could be like some people you see who miss when their number is called, for whatever reason, and then try to push in ahead of the people whose numbers are currently on the board. Seen that more than a few times. Sometimes they get lucky.)

Thanks for that, Kerryd. Very helpful. I assume that if you have an appointment, say mid morning, then you would just rock up to the door about 10 minutes prior to your appointment time, show them the appointment on the app and hopefully be let in. Does that make sense?

Edited by thoengthaied