Car tax road tax check by police, do they check more from April month each year ?

l4ml4m

hello,

it seems that from the month of April the cops check road tax more often every year ?

Because from April everybody should have the new road tax, right ? So they just need to see the year written big on the sticker to know that someone car tax has expired ? (they do not need to check the month to know if expired or not).

This is what someone told me, can you confirm ?

And also, as they just have started road checks everywhere, it's an easy way for them to make a lot of money quickly ?

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

And also, as they just have started road checks everywhere, it's an easy way for them to make a lot of money quickly ?

Please explain how is it "an easy way for them to make a lot of money quickly  ?"

Edited by SiamRead
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, l4ml4m said:

ok, so it seems difficult for you to understand that the BIG year can clearly be seen from far, but the small months cannot ?

And then its very very difficult to understand that they will catch more people because it's easier to check from far away that the year is wrong ?

wow, another champion...

Well I refrain from comment about what you think.

I don't find anything difficult to understand thankyou

You maybe cannot spot what month but a Thai person can.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

it seems that from the month of April the cops check road tax more often every year ?

no

This is what someone told me, can you confirm ?

no, tell someone to get informed

And also, as they just have started road checks everywhere

somewhere maybe, not everywhere

Really no need for brazen answers to simply being told facts.

Learn to read Thai and you can even read the month.

• Like 2

Somchai and his uniformed brethren need money for the local firewater for the upcoming festivities. Same behaviour before Gregorian New Year. I also guess, that the uniformed big wig in brown, sitting in his air-conditioned office at the police station or being driven around in his Benz, instructs his underlings to bring home the bacon in time. 

Keep your paperwork in order, stick to the traffic rules (speed, drive on the left lane but not on the hard shoulder of the road etc.) and you're fine! 

• Like 1

Neither of our two cars or motorbike have road tax that expire in April so your “someone” is wrong.

As far as police road checks are concerned they can have as many as possible as long as it catches the offenders.

My only cricism is that after issuing the infringement notice they allow the offenders to drive away, rather than impounding the vehicle as happens in a couple of countries I know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1