Royal Thai Embassy, London Updates Quarantine Information

KhaoYai

Better late than never - The Royal Thai Embassy has updated its information on reduced quarantine requirements - previously only 11 night qurantine was mentioned.

'For those, who have completed their COVID-19 vaccination for at least 14 days before departure to Thailand, will be considered to reduce the number of quarantine days to 7-night quarantine. The Embassy recommends applicants to book the 10-night quarantine package and, once the 7-night quarantine has been approved, to request for a refund from the hotel. (ASQ hotels have been informed by the central authorities to refund if customers' vaccinations has been approved for a "7-night quarantine".) So please contact your ASQ hotel directly. A certified proof of vaccination shall be uploaded when registering for the Certificate of Entry (COE). The document shall have the number of doses being vaccinated, dates of vaccination, type and batch number of vaccine, and check if the vaccine being vaccinated has been approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand. The list of vaccines approved by both authories (as of April, 2021) as follows:'

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

No one I know is interested in going to Thailand whilst this nonsense continues. Book 10 days, stay 7 days in your quarantine hotel then ask for the remaining 3 days cost to be reimbursed. This is Thailand, you’ve got more chance of a tax rebate even the London Embassy can’t resist a scam.

22 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

No one I know is interested in going to Thailand whilst this nonsense continues. Book 10 days, stay 7 days in your quarantine hotel then ask for the remaining 3 days cost to be reimbursed. This is Thailand, you’ve got more chance of a tax rebate even the London Embassy can’t resist a scam.

It’s better than Australia where even if you are lucky enough to find a flight, you cannot enter unless you are a citizen, resident, or linked to someone who is.

Then you will be required to quarantine for ten days at a cost of $A 3000.00.

As far as the UK is concerned I thought there were restrictions on leaving the country?

1 hour ago, Toby1947 said:

This is Thailand, you’ve got more chance of a tax rebate even the London Embassy can’t resist a scam.

I don't think its a scam - but I do see problems with this system.  The eligibility to reduced quarantine should be decided by the embassy on application for a C.O.E. Determining eligibility at the point of entry is going to cause problems.  If you book 7 days and are then told 10 on entry, what do you do if the hotel cannot provide an extra 3 days?

I agree though that obtaining a refund is unlikely if you book 10 but are granted 7.