Somebody help me make sense of this

kingstonkid

GF works inn a hospital that has been deemed a RED ZONE. 

We live in Rangsit.

Instead of staying at the hospital she comes home on the BTS and takes a taxi.

Can not understand why I am upset.

I thought that if they deem an area a red zone that people had to stay in that red zone.

It makes no sense (yes I know TIT) for people that may have had contact with the doctor at the hospital or others to travel on public transit.

What besides TIT am I missing. 

• Like 1

but bangkok and several other provinces are also red zone.

there might be bar on travelling from/to re, but not within, as risk is minimal.

even, if she is serving covid infected, she suppose to be fully protected.

If she thinks her safety is compromised she will stay at hospital.

With things going on it well might be the case - when health service is overstretched there would be safety mistakes, shortage of equipment.

You can go to samed or anywhere now, will be worse every day and bad after songkran 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

Because, according to our leader, all healthcare workers have been vaccinated making her immune and unable to transmit the virus.

On a side note, my wife has been informed that she must have an updated covid test to travel home from BKK for Song Kran. This comes from our home and not from BKK. Seems there are/will be check points and you will be turned back w/o it.

(home is Nakhon Nayok Province)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

as an added extra to my previous post, the wife messaged me that 7-11 in our condo plex has been closed due to an infected person shopping there last night. Said she saw the notice on her way out to work this morning. We're in the Nothaburi-Bang Son area.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Because, according to our leader, all healthcare workers have been vaccinated making her immune and unable to transmit the virus.

On a side note, my wife has been informed that she must have an updated covid test to travel home from BKK for Song Kran. This comes from our home and not from BKK. Seems there are/will be check points and you will be turned back w/o it.

At least somebody is taking precautions 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

GF works inn a hospital that has been deemed a RED ZONE. 

We live in Rangsit.

Instead of staying at the hospital she comes home on the BTS and takes a taxi.

She should have already received her first vaccine, but having said that, my missus has been offered it and refused, when i asked her why? quote '' Me scared vaccine from China" can't blame her for that, but puts me at risk, in perfect Thai logic she then said '' but if I sick, who take care you?'' ????

My Neice who is a Dr in one of the Bangkok Universities came to visit us on Samui the last three days.  No one mentioned if she had been tested, so as others have said TIT and watch out folks.  Thailand should expect to go on the barred list for travel and it will be their own fault, sinking the Country deeper in debt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Is there any way to check if this is true for certain? I live in Nakhon Nayok and I’m due to travel to Bangkok tomorrow for Eye test on Saturday and back to Nakhon Nayok on Monday. The eye test is a six monthly check and so can be put off without problem.

Thanks

Nick

Saw my doctor last week and he said the staff in his hospital had not been vaccinated yet despite an allocation of 50k vaccines to Chonburi.  Seems the Government Hospital has snaffled them all or they have been misdirected to 'officials'

The last figure for given vax is 285k, some already given the second jab. 
there some 1.5mln health workers, including private, volunteers, so some 3mln doses needed only for them. 
The government hospitals do have them in fridges, but not distributing even to their workers

Edited by internationalism
  • Haha 1

if medical personel follows procedures, is properly equipped, the risk for them is small.

mistakes and failures do happen.

she has as much chance catching virus on public transport system or from you, if you were to the pub.

don't blame her, try to understand situation and let her answer questions.

your twice written TiT shows, you are puzzled at an obvious situation.

if you worry about the situation, let her off work and do offer long holidays in he woods sometimes after songkran.

covid will still get worse