Any Khaolak info?

Can samui

Hi folks, live on Samui and bored, bored, bored but a buddy found a great riding road east to west so was wondering if there is even anything open in Khaolak these days! 
Dont need much, cheap hotel, restaurant that wont kill me and somewhere for a drink or twelve.

Any, and I mean any, info would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks and stay safe all.

Live in Phuket and my family have spent two weekends in Khaolak in the last six months. The last was three weeks ago.

The place is DEAD outside the hotels. So meals and drinking is essentially limited to hotels.

• Thanks 1

Yes ... just come back from  Khao lak. Use Booking.com to get an idea of hotel prices and than phone direct and ask for promotion price.

My wife used her phone to find  'food shops' and prices were quite reasonable. 

Very true ... everywhere pretty quite.  At the weekends couldn't help but notice hotel was 'stacked out' with women in their 20's and 30's, in bikini's, and some quite tiny ...    

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Very true ... everywhere pretty quite.  At the weekends couldn't help but notice hotel was 'stacked out' with women in their 20's and 30's, in bikini's, and some quite tiny ...    

Oh dear....must remember to give that place a miss.........what hotel was it again?

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Was there about a month ago.  It's quiet, but plenty of places to eat and plenty of hotels open with great rates.  It's a lovely beach. 

If you do go, eat here!  One of the best restaurants I've experienced in Thailand.  The food is amazing.

https://goo.gl/maps/J6xE4bdQNJCuWTxA7

Highly overrated and just popular coz of some paid influencers have pushed it. Food is mediocre.

5 minutes ago, Deli said:

Highly overrated and just popular coz of some paid influencers have pushed it. Food is mediocre.

In your opinion.  In our opinion, it was fantastic.  With many ingredients sourced from their own gardens.  Hardly overrated.

Edited by Jeffr2