Nigerian romance scammer arrested in Bangkok - victims lost 370 MILLION BAHT!

snoop1130

frtjt.PNG

Thailand's chief of immigration Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang announced the arrest of a big player in the conning of Thai women, the so-called romance scam, perpetrated online. 

Immigration discovered from an informant that there was a black man living in an apartment block in Lad Prao Soi 83.

He was living a quiet life keeping himself to himself - this seemed suspicious. 

Immigration turned up and spoke to the apartment manager who said that Berthan, 60, a Nigerian had had his room rented for him by a Thai woman.

A passport check showed that the suspect had entered Thailand on 27th July 2019 and had never extended his visa.

Further inquiries revealed that he was wanted by the criminal court for fraud. He had already been arrested on that charge having been involved in romance scamming.

Daily News reported that many Thai women fell victim, losing a total of 370 million baht. 

The suspect has been charged with conspiring to commit fraud, deception under false pretenses and using fake documents online.

He is now in custody after further contact with Thailand's tech police.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-07

31 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Because the scammers don’t show their real ugly face? ????

1 hour ago, ddotmark said:

How do these romance scammers find a Thai women with money?  In my 10 years involved with Thai women I have never met a Thai women that had money to spend on me????????????????????

Me too .Where do you find them??????

• Like 2

So where’s this 370 million THB now? If he was living a quiet life/laying low and even had an accomplice (Thai woman on lease), wouldn’t there be at least 300 million left?  Or did the BiB state it’s all gone while diverting it else where?

The question is, how long they put him in jail, it's not the first time after all, when you are 60, you know the tricks.

For example the trick from a prins from the Arab countries do's not work anymore.

Funny, when I look on the map about IQ in the world, Nigeria is ranking 70 in contrast to Thailand 89!! Can you imagine?

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Daily News reported that many Thai women fell victim, losing a total of 370 million baht. 

He is now in custody after further contact with Thailand's tech police.

How about he stays there until every single baht is paid back to teach these people a lesson. And if no money let him pay back 300 baht a day working in a chain gang. Pure scum of the earth these people.

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He was living a quiet life keeping himself to himself - this seemed suspicious. 

Immigration turned up and spoke to the apartment manager who said that Berthan, 60, a Nigerian had had his room rented for him by a Thai woman.

A passport check showed that the suspect had entered Thailand on 27th July 2019 and had never extended his visa.

So.... someone can be suspicious and the police will simply turn up and check everything !!! 

There has to be more to the story than this, when do the police ever get up to investigate anything without a monetary incentive ?

5 hours ago, ddotmark said:

How do these romance scammers find a Thai women with money?  In my 10 years involved with Thai women I have never met a Thai women that had money to spend on me????????????????????

He was pretty busy, 1 million Thai women with 370 baht each.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

370 million Thai baht is almost $12 million US dollars.

How long was this scam in operation to collect that much money? How did the Police arrive at that figure? How many people were scammed? Where is the money now?

1 minute ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Mmmmm, again immigration, what ever happend with police force?

No visa, already once arrested and STILL in Thailand. Amazing, many brown envelopes? 

Of course he’s still in Thailand, he’s reported to have taken 370 Million Baht... 

He’ll be dealt with once he can no longer pay off the police ‘assist the police in their enquiries’....