Online queue Phuket immigration: USELESS

Just a heads up for the people who noticed you can book a time slot on the website of Phuket immigration to renew your visa: it is useless.

I went there with high hopes and perfectly timed my arrival. About 2 minutes before my appointment time the foreign volunteer handed me back my paperwork with a smile but when I showed my online queue ticket she told me that cannot be used for a visa extention based on marriage. Instead of being the next up one, I had to wait about 4 hours till my number came up. Appearently the online queue at Phuket immigration can only be used for some business appointment, but nobody cared enough to mention that when you book a time slot.

queue.png.bc5f7cc417265395628febdc8d124c7a.png

(if this has been mentioned previously, feel free to ignore or delete)

Does the app state anywhere that you cannot make an for appointment for a extension based upon marriage.

On the site for Bangkok appointments it does list those extension on the list of extension and etc.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Does the app state anywhere that you cannot make an for appointment for a extension based upon marriage.

On the site for Bangkok appointments it does list those extension on the list of extension and etc.

You need to indicate why you want an appointment and one of the selectable options is "Thai family". No further indication is given that the appointment is not available for this option.

The foreign volunteer indicated she already had to disappoint several other people who had walked in hoping their appointment slot would be honoured.

5 hours ago, Farang99 said:

The drive-through 90 days reporting system yesterday was smooth as silk

It almost always is. Unfortunately that has little to do with online queueing for an extension based on marriage.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 9:15 PM, Bob12345 said:

It almost always is. Unfortunately that has little to do with online queueing for an extension based on marriage.

But the hurdles one has to jump through for an extension based on marriage are surely made as difficult as possible. I also note that some of the requirements  differ depending on the examining officer.

On 4/22/2021 at 7:53 AM, Farang99 said:

But the hurdles one has to jump through for an extension based on marriage are surely made as difficult as possible. I also note that some of the requirements  differ depending on the examining officer.

Not difficult at all: you need to be married (have evidence of that) and you need to have 400K for 2 months in a bank account.

Everything else: how it must be printed, how old the evidence can be, etc is something you find out the first time with a lot of trouble but every next time it is relatively easy with sometimes the request of one more piece of paper or whatever. I've done it about 5 times now and only the first time it was a real hassle, every other time it just took a few hours of waiting but no real trouble (never had any doubts i would not be able to get the right paperwork done in time).