Netizens pose question: How did UK variant get into Thailand despite emergency decree?

webfact

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Better get those field hospitals ready, the surge is commencing:

Hospitals cancel Covid tests as beds run out

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30404670

When was the BMA supposed to set-up field hospitals, Oh yeah The good general was still discussing it with them.

• Haha 2

It's important to remember the UK does over half the world's testing for covid 19. Its found the new varient in 125 countries so far including the UK. Its found in the UK the county of Kent that houses our nearest ports to Europe whe the varient most likely got in.

Just because the uk discovered it dosnt mean it originally came from the UK.

If other countries tested like the uk does maybe we would be further along. Oh and thailand has vaccinated 250k people the uk has done nearly 40 million and over 5 million have had 2nd does.

None of them with Chinese  cures

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eibot said:

Even though the Kent strain is also the dominant version in the States... haha.

People are very shortsighted here and I know what you mean. Similar to people blaming the Spanish for the Spanish flu.

I prefer the name "Kent strain" to "UK variant".  Bloody southerners...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

I prefer the name "Kent strain" to "UK variant".  Bloody southerners...

Clark Kent, aka Superman, I believe the strain was named after him because of how fast it moves and how hard it hits, yes pun intended.

• Like 1

Just now, ukrules said:

It won't be long before they're all dead at this rate, only another 52,750 days and there will be nobody left in Brazil, such tragedy ????

A tragedy indeed. Gorgeous women and great footballers.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

When was the BMA supposed to set-up field hospitals, Oh yeah The good general was still discussing it with them.

I think he stuck a post it note somewhere about setting them up, not sure if anyone read it or not.

• Like 1

Just now, chrisbangkok said:

The south is full of t notherners me old Yorkie chum moaning about " t weak ale " and shouting " ow much " quite a lot ..????????

Not without justification. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you hear "Southern softies" quite a lot too.

Edited by polpott
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Better get those field hospitals ready, the surge is commencing, testing being suspended:

Hospitals cancel Covid tests as beds run out

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30404670

Could this be because they are hospitalising asymptomatic people and those with only mild symptoms?

• Like 1

What an utterly stupid question.  It's Thailand.  Get to the right people with the right amount of money and you can buy you way into, out of, or around anything.  How the hell do people THINK the variant got it.  Oh wait.  Who's thinking?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, multatuli said:

I called the nearest hospital (20 km away): they said they havevno lab, so they can't test. they referred me to a hospital 60 km away. So, in a radius of 60 km from here, there is no testfacility - let alone a free one

Its popup vans, there was one in Thong Lor soi 10 this morning. Queue was long

9 minutes ago, chrisbangkok said:

The south is full of t notherners me old Yorkie chum moaning about " t weak ale " and shouting " ow much " quite a lot ..????????

And the north is full of southerners, enjoying the quality of life & how much further their cash goes ????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Could this be because they are hospitalising asymptomatic people and those with only mild symptoms?

The answer to that would be yes, because all positives whether just asymptomatic or showing symptoms are all hospitalized here in Thailand, no free going home and isolating.  If your not in a hospital isolation unit for Covid, then you are in a tent in a field hospital like they did in Samut Sakhon.  This is why I believe they have not been testing en-mass.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

And the north is full of southerners, enjoying the quality of life & how much further their cash goes ????

Indeed you're correct,  never understood why Northerners say the South is well off when prices are so much higher but wages not hugely different etc . Banters good fun though as is Yorkshire tea ????????

26 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yep, the infamous hospitalize everyone policy, same as last year when Bangkok hospitals were full. Lets hope it stays that way with just mild cases, with numbers rising the seriously sick will soon start multiplying unfortunately. Thats why those field hospitals are being built to prepare for the mild cases.

Its a pity this also leads to a suspension of vital covid tests

Edited by Bkk Brian

10 hours ago, steve187 said:

so what would be your plan if you were made Prime minister tomorrow

Get every possible person vaccinated in the next 14 day, 

Look at the U.K. 40 million people vaccinated and yesterday only 45 people died and 2763 new infections of the unvaccinated, and that is from a death rate of 1500 daily and 30,000 infections daily just prior to the rollout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GGTP said:

Variant dont come from country place but from vaccin that make changing virus. Then  any asymptomatic or immuno depressed foreigner  that go through quarantine can bring it

What a load of ill informed junk.

Time to start reading the scientific reports and not the endless fake news

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

It would be possible to get rid of the virus, if no one was allowed to leave the house for 6 weeks and everyone would be supplied with groceries by the cops, firemen, army and/or the Red Cross or whatever there is in any given country. They should’ve done that back in March 2020 already. The sick would then have either recovered or died, the virus would have had no new people to infect and it would’ve died out. This would’ve been a lot cheaper in countries that pay unemployment payments to people and compensation to companies and a lot of businesses would have not gone out of business. Plus countless lives could have been spared and life itself could have gone back to normal in mid-April last year! 

But thanks to the countless cretins who were like ‘I want to get my hair cut and my human rights are violated and COVID doesn’t exist and masks are worthless’ and felt thy need to go demonstrate on the street the government in Germany for example gave in to their demands, which was the stupidest thing they could’ve ever done, and new infections went from 242 a day on the 10th of June to over 30000 a day a few months later. 

What gets me the most is things like the demonstration against the Covid measurements taken by the German government in Stuttgart last weekend. Lots of demonstrators, most of them without masks and no safety distance, demonstrating against the very thing they are prolonging by not wearing masks and not keeping their distance. How frocking cretinous can you be?! 

Perfectly said .   GREED! personal and corporate and government. 

My opinion of many of you has been severely degraded by having to read pages of childish banter.  UK variant is just a name, full stop. I can't keep the v1.4.5.11 names straight in my head. 

I and many predicted this eventuality in Thailand.  It didn't even require any of my ???? science brain cells to see this coming 6 months ago.   Anutin needs to go.  So sad to see 12 months of good effort being wiped out by greed.  All of those who said don't worry it's just the flu are about to find out the truth.  As far as I'm concerned those types should be branded with a tattoo on the forehead for life.

I should add praise to these several doctors  or medical professionals who have recently been brave to share an educated opinion going against the grain.  Does anyone remember how regional reports were squashed very early on.  Thailand is in last place on the vaccine race.  But worse they don't even have a viable plan B.  AZ  vaccine not looking to good based on science.   I predict many Countries like UK, USA, India, are going to regret that they were so me me and may let some super deadly mutation occurs in some poor country that really attacks the World. 

One more tidbit.  USA is now approaching what 25% fully vax rate but look at the spikes in many states.   Doesn't bode well for <1% rate in Thailand with sino or AZ

Edited by Elkski
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mikebell said:

In Brazil 4000 DIED yesterday - I'd say the virus is winning there!

Don’t compare Brasil to Thailand ...the virus is killing there because the hospitals are at full capacity, left to die at home because ambulances won’t pick you up, and a government run by a mini trump that dismissed it as a flu and believes the economy is more important than lives.  America had the same trajectory but President Biden has managed a first 100 day goal to vaccinate 1.000.000 a day.  Local states are foolishly “Opening “ which are again republican run.  

I fly weekly to Brasil and most wear masks except again local governments are trying to mandate prudence while their president is being a fool.   Thailand is no where near any negligence except for  the migrant workers that slipped thru.    My own opinion...songkan should have been postponed 

5 hours ago, robblok said:

How it got here.. simpel. The borders are locked but not the land borders. Who says it did not come from one of the neighboring countries. I mean the UK variant spread all over the globe so the infections don't have to come from the UK.

Given how hard it is to check the land border its far more likely that it came from e neighboring country at an unprotected border crossing. Maybe a migrant worker or a Thai returning over that unprotected border.

Its highly unlikely that it came through the state quarantine. 

Absolutely spot on

1 hour ago, Arcouk said:

It's important to remember the UK does over half the world's testing for covid 19. Its found the new varient in 125 countries so far including the UK. Its found in the UK the county of Kent that houses our nearest ports to Europe whe the varient most likely got in.

Just because the uk discovered it dosnt mean it originally came from the UK.

If other countries tested like the uk does maybe we would be further along. Oh and thailand has vaccinated 250k people the uk has done nearly 40 million and over 5 million have had 2nd does.

None of them with Chinese  cures

Wow misinformation is alive.

Could you please read the graph and explain to me how the UK can do half the worlds testing for covid 19 ?

rsz_1capture.jpg

• Like 1