Need help/advise about waterproofing bathroom floor in condo

jadee

Hi all, I need some help/advise about waterproofing bathroom floor in a condo. As you can see from the photos, I have a tiled bathroom and water is seeping through the floors and walls. The condo management company employee is coming tomorrow to put some sealant down or something. There is no burst pipe or anything, it's just a case of water going through the tile (or grout?) and seeping into the concrete or whatever the walls and floors are made of.
If anyone has any experience of what works, what products are good, please let me know. I've been searching on lazada and would appreciate some advise about the best products. Like, is sealant enough? How often does it need to be applied? Is there a more permanent solution?
Back home, I remember seeing tins of 'concrete sealant' - like a colorless liquid that you brush onto concrete to stop water going through. I went to home pro and can't see any, nor had they heard of it. My thoughts are that's the problem - the concrete wasn't sealed before the tiling was laid. 
Thanks for any help!

IMG_20210407_181327[1].jpg

IMG_20210407_181404[1].jpg

1 hour ago, jadee said:

There is no burst pipe or anything

Don't be so sure that there is not a leak in the pipes  even a very small leak  that doesn't register on the water meter can cause big problems,  the leak can also come from the  waste water pipes ( toilet,wash basin,shower/ bathtub )  that are buried in the walls  not being sealed up properly during construction.

Also as you suspect, the water could just be from leaky floor tiles which could be ( maybe but not certainly) solved by re grouting the floor. 

Avoid using toilet cleaning products on the  floor tiles as they often contain hydrochloric acid which eats away the  grout.

1 hour ago, jadee said:

Is there a more permanent solution?

Yes but you won't like it as it requires ripping out the existing plumbing/pipework and tiled floor, sealing the floor with an epoxy resin (something like TOA Epoguard 100)  re plumbing and  pressure testing  before laying new tiles...

yes a big  big job !!!

• Like 1

thanks for all the helpful replies everyone! The maintenance guy came and applied some sort of sealant around the tiles. I'll see if it helps. He mentioned that the grout had gone in some places so that was spot-on advice from johng, cheers. I'll be careful about the cleaning products and see how it goes. 

IMG_20210409_134825.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 12:04 PM, jadee said:

Back home, I remember seeing tins of 'concrete sealant' - like a colorless liquid that you brush onto concrete to stop water going through. I went to home pro and can't see any, nor had they heard of it. My thoughts are that's the problem - the concrete wasn't sealed before the tiling was laid. 

that sounds like 'waterproof' Bondcrete

• Like 1