Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Recommended Posts

For the past few months I have been planning to go on a holiday to Koh Samet, travelling by NakonChai Air from Ubon to Rayong. Now I see that there seems to be a surge in covid infections. If I go this afternoon will I have any problems?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Koh Samet. One of the loveliest  places in Thailand. 

 

I doubt the surge will travel that fast especially to Ubon and Koh Samet. As long as you have your return planned wrt possible tests or quarantine, I would go for it. You can ask the Ubon Provincial office about return requirements.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rabas said:

Koh Samet. One of the loveliest  places in Thailand. 

 

I doubt the surge will travel that fast especially to Ubon and Koh Samet. As long as you have your return planned wrt possible tests or quarantine, I would go for it. You can ask the Ubon Provincial office about return requirements.

 

Chonburi had 40 cases yesterday.   Any social stay/eating/drinking is becoming a real danger for infection.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you use common sense and keep away from crowded places, you can protect yourself. The problem  is when you are in airport, or at shop or at restaurant.  At some point we will see serious lockdown. The government seems lost on what to do.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BenDeCosta said:

If I go this afternoon will I have any problems?

 

Are you in a high-risk group? For instance, older, immuno-compromised.

If so, reconsider your itinerary or travel activities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Chonburi had 40 cases yesterday.   Any social stay/eating/drinking is becoming a real danger for infection.  

I see that now. They said most cases are connected to now closed Bangkok entertainment venues. So the question is where will revellers go now?  Many may head out of Bangkok.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm not in a high risk group at all. But I've decided to postpone the trip. I really don't want to get stuck somewhere, and also really don't want to have to get tested, I hear it is quite uncomfortable.

 

If I can't travel easily then I just can't be bothered to go, which is a shame because that's probably 30-40k baht that the people of Koh Samet aren't getting.

Edited by BenDeCosta
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, rabas said:

I see that now. They said most cases are connected to now closed Bangkok entertainment venues. So the question is where will revellers go now?  Many may head out of Bangkok.

 

 

Many of them will be gelding to Hua Hin.

 

I was supposed to fly there with my wife this morning for a 3 week holiday. 

I canceled it. Lost the tickets but not the hotel. 

There is no reason why I should put us at risk.

Me especially over 65 with type 2 diebetis

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Many of them will be gelding to Hua Hin.

Very little happening at Hua Hin, that and of the few bars open will be shutting down from tomorrow.

 

We are heading down there in a week and unless they stop us from travelling, will be going as there is no need for us to leave the hotel, except when we want something from mini big C across the road or a local restaurant within walking distance of the hotel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep abreast of the changing rules twice a day.

I certainly would not travel in a closed bus for at least the next 3 weeks.

The island will be ultra busy over Songkran. Why not leave it until say the 20th April ?

If you cannot travel then , then you have your answer

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...