Transfer delays with Wise?

Yesterday someone sent a few thousand baht from abroad to my Kasikorn account. He paid with his credit card.

Within seconds I received an email from Wise that they had received the money and would be in my account by 01.00 am.

Since then, they have moved that time forward every hour, last update is that it will arrive at 10.20am, but I expect at that time that it will be moved again by 1 hour.

Anyone else having such issues with this company lately?

Edited by CharlieH
title adjusted

I transferred some money on Monday morning, UK RBS bank to Krungsri using a direct transfer to wise's account, I was given a warning about the bank holidays maybe making the transfer time longer but it was in my Thai account within 2 hours.

Fastest ever transfer I have had I think, the exchange rate was ok too @ 43.5 !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Susco said:

Phone who? I don't have a Wise account

Phone your friend who can track the payment online.

I have never had a problem with them.  I think your headline is over dramatic!

3 minutes ago, fangless said:

Phone your friend who can track the payment online.

I have never had a problem with them.  I think your headline is over dramatic!

I can track the payment online myself, since Wise sent me a tracking link, and moves the arrival time every hour.

The transfer was made at 9pm yesterday. I received the email within seconds, and when I clicked the link it said, we're experiencing some delays, the money should be in your account by 1am. The sender had received an email from his bank that his account was debited.

When I checked this morning at 8am, the goal had moved to 8.30, and from there it moved each time I checked.

The last update was it would arrive at 10.20, and from there it didn't get updated anymore. I called Kasikorn and gave them the transaction number, but they couldn't find any deposit, not sure if they actually had any idea what they were checking, because the lady didn't even know what Transferwise or Wise was.

At 11.03 the money finally arrived, and at that time the tracking also showed, your money should have arrived at 11.03.

18 minutes ago, fangless said:

I would call that a very good service where a company having a problem keeps the third party fully up to date with hourly updates.  I would praise, not blame, them! 

Indeed! In stark contrast to the clueless lady at Kasikorn who had never heard of Wise!!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Indeed! In stark contrast to the clueless lady at Kasikorn who had never heard of Wise!!

To be fair she may not have heard of the very recent name change from Transferwise to Wise!

2 minutes ago, fangless said:

To be fair she may not have heard of the very recent name change from Transferwise to Wise!

47 minutes ago, Susco said:

the lady didn't even know what Transferwise or Wise was.

• Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Susco said:

I can track the payment online myself, since Wise sent me a tracking link, and moves the arrival time every hour.

The transfer was made at 9pm yesterday. I received the email within seconds, and when I clicked the link it said, we're experiencing some delays, the money should be in your account by 1am. The sender had received an email from his bank that his account was debited.

When I checked this morning at 8am, the goal had moved to 8.30, and from there it moved each time I checked.

The last update was it would arrive at 10.20, and from there it didn't get updated anymore. I called Kasikorn and gave them the transaction number, but they couldn't find any deposit, not sure if they actually had any idea what they were checking, because the lady didn't even know what Transferwise or Wise was.

At 11.03 the money finally arrived, and at that time the tracking also showed, your money should have arrived at 11.03.

Do you really expect that every 'lady' working in every Kasikorn Bank should know who Wise, or Transferwise, is? They can only look on their computer to see if a transfer came into your particular account.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Susco said:

And would a 'lady' at your local Barclays in Chipping Sodbury know who Kasikorn Bank was? 

In your headline you are knocking Wise, and here you are on about Kasikorn.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Susco said:

What are you moaning about? You got your money.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Wise having been notifying users that there could be some delays to payments due to the end of the financial year and public holidays.

Payments usually arrive in the afternoons @Susco so just be patient. And no, it is very unlikely that the bank teller would have heard of Wise. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

And no, it is very unlikely that the bank teller would have heard of Wise. 

You are the second one, why you think I would call a bank teller to ask about a money transfer?

There is a support department at the head office for that

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

You are the second one, why you think I would call a bank teller to ask about a money transfer?

There is a support department at the head office for that

How to win friends and influence people!!!!!!!!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

there could be some delays to payments due to the end of the financial year and public holidays.

Why would those things affect the transfer speed, which some have said is almost immediate.? Is there a human element involved in the process, or do computers have bank holidays too?   

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I notice this isn't the first time you've had trouble (allegedly) with Wise @Susco. Do you have an issue with them that the rest of us haven't noticed?

If you don't know what you are talking about, you better stay quiet.

Those accounts are not related to each other, which should have been obvious, since one is a EU bank account, and the transfer was to a completely different account in Thailand.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Adiudon said:

I transferred some money on Monday morning, UK RBS bank to Krungsri using a direct transfer to wise's account, I was given a warning about the bank holidays maybe making the transfer time longer but it was in my Thai account within 2 hours.

Fastest ever transfer I have had I think, the exchange rate was ok too @ 43.5 !

I made my first Wise transfer. I'm impressed. Just tested it with 50 quid and cost me 1.50 or so. 

Also RBS to KrungThai.

I'm going to try it with 5000 GBP next. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I made my first Wise transfer. I'm impressed. Just tested it with 50 quid and cost me 1.50 or so. 

Also RBS to KrungThai.

I'm going to try it with 5000 GBP next. 

Check the costs. Wise rises quite considerably the more you send whereas a Swift transfer from your bank is fixed whatever amount you send.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KannikaP said:

Check the costs. Wise rises quite considerably the more you send whereas a Swift transfer from your bank is fixed whatever amount you send.

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks, I'll check it out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks, I'll check it out. 

But the exchange rate makes up for the fee difference.

You can make a virtual transfer in Wise, the check the best possible exchange rate on the website of the bank you transfer to, and add the fees that the banks at both ends will apply, and Wise will be cheaper

15 minutes ago, Susco said:

But the exchange rate makes up for the fee difference.

You can make a virtual transfer in Wise, the check the best possible exchange rate on the website of the bank you transfer to, and add the fees that the banks at both ends will apply, and Wise will be cheaper

When you do a Wise transfer, there are NO FEES charged by the receiving Thai bank.

If you send GBP to a Thai bank, there is a sliding scale depending on the amount. I never heard of the virtual transfer in over three years. I cannot 'set up' a transfer of GBP 5000 if I only have GBP 2000 in my account. Unless you know better.

A Swift transfer from Nationwide to Bkk Bank will cost £20, take 3 days and have an inferior exchange rate to Wise. But what are Wise's charges for say £5000.

• Like 1