Phetchabun on Lockdown 9-19th

CharlieH

8 hours ago, CharlieH said:

According to local information the province will be in lockdown and require quarantine between 9th - 18th April.

The wife told me about this yesterday but could not find any info on it. The resorts up here have been told to close but a big one near us has a tour bus come in today. Will see if the bus leaves tomorrow.

1 hour ago, MrMuddle said:

I live In Phetchabun, and haven't heard anything, except for this. Where did this information come from?

The wife saw it on some social media site, do not care which one. It was a post by the Phetchabun governor with a document on government letterhead. Do not know any more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrMuddle said:

I live In Phetchabun, and haven't heard anything, except for this. Where did this information come from?

It was announced on our village tannoy system but neither of us caught all the detail. As usual it will hardly effect us but very bad news for local hotels and restaurants.

• Like 1

Petchaboon lockdown.  ????

Not living there these days but reason enough for me to do a 11 Am booze run JUST IN CASE. I am positive my province currently has far more covid cases than Petchaboon does.

Edited by LomSak27

3 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Petchaboon lockdown.  ????

Not living there these days but reason enough for me to do a 11 Am booze run JUST IN CASE. I am positive my province currently has far more covid cases than Petchaboon does.

Quite probably as all I can find out is "the wife says" or "apparently there are" or "I've been told by a friend", no hard data has been seen by me to verify any, and I've not seen Phetchabun appear in any official press announcements.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:

41 provinces have been told to close enternaiment places from april 10 to 24th.  What places that exactly is outside of clubs, bars, and pubs I do not know

believe it includes karaoke and massage places.

Problem area being does it serve food mainly with alcohol available (restaurant) or alcohol with optional food (bar or pub), the latter should shut by the national decree, the former at the whim of the local government.

Confusion, until they ban all alcohol sales again.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

The wife told me about this yesterday but could not find any info on it. The resorts up here have been told to close but a big one near us has a tour bus come in today. Will see if the bus leaves tomorrow.

It can leave the resort tomorrow provided it is not going to depart Phetchabun Province, the province is under quarantine. Until the 24th I understand.

Edited by foreverlomsak
Clarification

• 2 weeks later...

I'll tag on this topic instead of the golf forum.  As of tomorrow the golf course and driving range at the Battle Horse Thai Army barracks (the big one adjacent to Big C/Tesco) will be closed due to the Covid situation.

There are two dates  for possible reopening, but best to have a wait and see policy.

For avid golf nuts the expat society who play there have there own FB group.

Any updates will be posted there.