Phuket party-goers asked to present themselves at nearest hospital

webfact

1617849082_1-org.jpg

A screenshot taken from a video of one of the three parties held in Phuket last weekend. Screenshot: via Eakkapop Thongtub

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Any people who attended any of the three mass parties held in Phuket last weekend in any capacity have been asked to present themselves at the nearest government hospital in order to be tested for COVID-19.

The request was made through a notice jointly issued by the Phuket Provincial Government and the Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) at 7:59pm last night (Apr 7).

The notice expressly calls for those who attended the Kolour Beachside parties held at the Shelter Phuket Dance & Night Club in Patong on Apr 2, at Cafe Del Mar Phuket in Kamala on Apr 3, and at the Illuzion nightclub on Bangla Rd, Patong, and at the Shelter nightclub on Apr 3, to present themselves to the nearest government hospital to their home to be tested for COVID-19.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-party-goers-asked-to-present-themselves-at-nearest-hospital-79613.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-04-08

• Haha 1

If you think we never had Covid19 cases here in Phuket for the last 100 days or whatever it is , while they had it in other parts of the country, you are naive....

Unless someone is really sick and ends up in hospital they don't test and so don't have any cases....! It's a bit like early last year, there were Covid here, people go to doctors and clinics with mild symptoms and were told to take aspirin and go home and rest....

So this is nothing to worry about, I think Thais actually do follow the rules well most of the time and this helps to restrict the spread significantly... (I just hope no kneejurk reactions and serious lockdown again....!).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

So if you present yourself and test positive ? Are they going to quarantine you in a hospital for 10 days or more and hit you with a massive bill afterwards ?

What is the answer to this. Any member can dig up any gov directives. Not clear to me home quarantine or containment some where.

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The event owners should also be made to pay for everybodies test, they made a fortune from this party.

The 3 event organisers should be strung-up.... Phuket just wants to be a party zone making millions, forget peoples health & safety.... 

Mind you having said that, going to one of these parties you must be asking for trouble... good luck with the testing one and all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

can someone explain what happens if they get a test and it is positive 

I think I have a good idea and none of it would persuade me to come forward and volunteer myself to the hurt that would follow

I could certainly self isolate in my own home if I needed to but no way would I expose myself to anything else

as millions travel and spread across the country these next 2 weeks Thailand seems to be hell bent on self destruction - it can only be on purpose it is so idiotic 

As someone said the other day... "who the hell wears a mask in a pub".... idiots don't, and this is the result you get.

As in Bangkok... will organisers ever learn... NO they don't want knowledge they want money !!!

Anyone on IG following some HISO have seen they have been frequently going to Phuket.  Why not if you have money it's a short flight and probably empty resorts by all the postings.  Maybe even given for the publicity.  I saw posts on IG right after the party.  It looked like a roaring time.  Not a mask in sight and crowded and hot gals in beach clothes if not bikini's.  I knew right then this could be a disaster.  First  series of 3 parties out of the gate in a year for this Kolour outfit and wham!! How can anybody be think this Phuket opening can go well is a fool. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Yep.

And this is the thing that will put your average person off going to get tested , so if they have caught Covid and even have very light symptoms then they can still be walking around spreading it . All because they were afraid of hospital charges if tested positive and quarantined . 

13 hours ago, Elkski said:

Anyone on IG following some HISO have seen they have been frequently going to Phuket.  Why not if you have money it's a short flight and probably empty resorts by all the postings.  Maybe even given for the publicity.  I saw posts on IG right after the party.  It looked like a roaring time.  Not a mask in sight and crowded and hot gals in beach clothes if not bikini's.  I knew right then this could be a disaster.  First  series of 3 parties out of the gate in a year for this Kolour outfit and wham!! How can anybody be think this Phuket opening can go well is a fool. 

What is IG?  Is it an illegal drug, a chat room or what?

Sorry just asking?

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

What is IG?  Is it an illegal drug, a chat room or what?

Sorry just asking?

I be rude and try to answer this, I think it's "Instagram" , but could be otherwise things...! ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1