Good Copy Shop for color document scans

WaveHunter

My desktop scanner is broken and I need a high quality scan of a full color document for business reasons pretty quick.  Can anyone suggest a good copy shop in Jomtien, preferably around the beach area / or near Immigration office?

23 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Presumably you haven't found an app that does colour? shop on Thepprasit opposite night market probably does it, good for copying, laminating, printing etc

This shop?

1858039377_snapshot_2021-04-09at12_22_25PM.jpg.55dcccdaa3985bea66494ca9543ec454.jpg

I need a better shop.  I need one that can scan to a thumb drive, not just output on paper.  They say they can not. ????

Any other copy shops anyone can recommend that can do high quality color scans to a thumb drive?  I really didn't expect this to be so challenging considering almost any copy shop in the States can do this easily.

#copyshop

Edited by WaveHunter

7 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I really didn't expect this to be so challenging considering almost any copy shop in the States can do this easily.

You are now in Thailand...a third world country in many ways.....good luck.

Perhaps a computer/IT shop?

If you have your own USB drive and they have a printer/scanner - will only take a minute.

I'll be in Bangsaen this evening and can do it for you -  but that's a bit of a distance from Jomtien.  

The free Abobe scan App on the Google app store does a decent job - then send it as a mail from your phone to your pc, then save?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

This shop?

1858039377_snapshot_2021-04-09at12_22_25PM.jpg.55dcccdaa3985bea66494ca9543ec454.jpg

I need a better shop.  I need one that can scan to a thumb drive, not just output on paper.  They say they can not. ????

Any other copy shops anyone can recommend that can do high quality color scans to a thumb drive?  I really didn't expect this to be so challenging considering almost any copy shop in the States can do this easily.

#copyshop

Pity they can't do it, i give them my USB to download files or they use Line so they aren't totally paper

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kinnock said:

Perhaps a computer/IT shop?

If you have your own USB drive and they have a printer/scanner - will only take a minute.

I'll be in Bangsaen this evening and can do it for you -  but that's a bit of a distance from Jomtien.  

The free Abobe scan App on the Google app store does a decent job - then send it as a mail from your phone to your pc, then save?

IT Shop...good idea!  Should have thought of that to begin with.  Thanks :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pity they can't do it, i give them my USB to download files or they use Line so they aren't totally paper

So you are saying you've actually had them do a color scan and had it transferred to your usb drive?  They may have misunderstood me.  Language barrier on phone.  Happens to me all the time.

But...that is the correct shop (the picture I attached from Google Maps)?

130816848_snapshot_2021-04-09at2_15_53PM.jpg.705da0e89d220efe50edbb8488db4e14.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter

22 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

So you are saying you've actually had them do a color scan and had it transferred to your usb drive?  They may have misunderstood me.  Language barrier on phone.  Happens to me all the time.

But...that is the correct shop (the picture I attached from Google Maps)?

130816848_snapshot_2021-04-09at2_15_53PM.jpg.705da0e89d220efe50edbb8488db4e14.jpg

Yes the correct shop, I've used the shop for printing, I've taken a USB in there to print the docs and I've sent the docs to their Line ID. Things do get lost in translation in there, even very simple things, you think they understand, they say yes, then get mixed up. To scan a doc is pretty simple you'd think

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Any other copy shops anyone can recommend that can do high quality color scans to a thumb drive?

I cannot recommend, but there is a large 'Sign and Print' shop on Sukhumvit pretty much facing Klang. If they can scan, they can put a file on a thumb drive.   https://goo.gl/maps/Rh4NiwQmgTHVx8QH9

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes the correct shop, I've used the shop for printing, I've taken a USB in there to print the docs and I've sent the docs to their Line ID. Things do get lost in translation in there, even very simple things, you think they understand, they say yes, then get mixed up. To scan a doc is pretty simple you'd think

That's good news because it's only a few minutes away.  As long as I know they can plug my USB drive in and scan my passport to it on a good flatbed scanner in color, that's all I need.

I am a merchant on Amazon and they have a new identity verification rule that says I have to upload my passport to them BUT it can not be from a phone camera; it must be from a flatbed scanner!  Go figure???

Thanks for the details about the shop; most appreciated.

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I cannot recommend, but there is a large 'Sign and Print' shop on Sukhumvit pretty much facing Klang. If they can scan, they can put a file on a thumb drive.   https://goo.gl/maps/Rh4NiwQmgTHVx8QH9

Thanks for the lead ????  I think the shop around the corner from me that the other poster described will meet my needs, but still nice to have another option.  I appreciate your help.

• Like 1