Phukets Sandbox plan for July 1 - What terms apply?

steevjee

So far I've read that providing 70% of Phukets residents are vaccinated by July 1 and I have proof of my vaccination (from Australia) then I'm able to go there without quarantine

But what are the terms?

So some questions for those who may know...... no guesses please

1/ Must I fly directly into Phuket International Airport from Australia or can I transit thru BKK?

2/ Must I have to pre book my accommodation prior to arrival?

3/ Can I book accommodation wherever I like on the island and have the flexibility to move around the island?

4/ How long am I having to stay in Phuket before being able to travel to another Province?

Sorry, but nobody knows what will actually be in effect July 1. 

July 1 is an eternity away as far as this epidemic is concerned. The country could be fully closed or completely open by then.

Rules can change daily, in fact a new announcement is expected today.

• Like 1

IF its handled anything like the reduction in quarantine i.e. 14 days to 10 days (for arrivals from most countries), there will be a lot of publicity, an announcements but nothing official leaving doubt and people scrambling up to the last minute !!!.... 

If you want clear, concise, unambiguous information - don’t hold your breath. 

Twice now I’ve been caught out by the quarantine rules not being clear.

1st time July: Planned to come back, received the Certificate of Entry only to find out less than 24 hrs before travel I would be refused entry with the ThaiElite Visa - fortunately the Thai Embassy in London opened on a Sunday for me and issued me a Non-Imm Type O Visa (based on Marriage) - very good of them. 

2nd time: A non stressful issue: Booking of 10 days remained ambiguous until a few days before 1st April. After arriving the hotel (and I) were still unaware of regulations which stated that arrivals before 6pm could count the arrival day as day 1 one of quarantine and check on out day 11 (i.e. 10 nights in quarantine instead of 11). 

Through the process of returning twice it has become very clear to me that various officials within the government are very happy to make announcements and get media attention, however when it comes to making official decisions with real impact everyone drags their feet until the last minute. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We have started a new group on phuket sandbox. Official information and info graphics from the TAT, Ministry of Tourism and Tourism Council of Thailand. Also contributing is hoteliers and agents who have been involved in the opening. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/388875605677294/

On 4/8/2021 at 12:37 PM, ThaidDown said:

Sorry, but nobody knows what will actually be in effect July 1. 

July 1 is an eternity away as far as this epidemic is concerned. The country could be fully closed or completely open by then.

Rules can change daily, in fact a new announcement is expected today.

I know. I have been at the meetings all this week. You can see information here. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/388875605677294/