Thailand set to close all bars, pubs, massage parlours in 41 provinces for 14 days

webfact

4 hours ago, Deez said:

6 cases and you want to close the province? Not everyone collects a pension

40 cases today.. the definition of exponential.. 

I dont personally agree with it, but with expansion like this, I do understand thier freak out. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Perfectly correct....the lockdown(s) are a stop-gap measure to minimize deaths, long covid etc,. whilst a vaccine program is rolled out........the only fly in the ointment was that Thailand forgot to roll out a the vaccines ........so easy to forget when you have submarines to pay for, APC's on the was, second hand battle tanks.

Maybe it wasn't Thailand's fault with the vaccine because the EU stopped a shipment of AZ vaccine being shipped to Australia, maybe a shipment to Thailand might have been stopped as well.

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Thought Mr. Big said he was not going to do this yesterday ! And then as Scritti Politti said 'Boom, there she was'.  If the yo-yoing starts at the top, there truly is no hope for this country in a pandemic.

Mr. Big doesn't have the final say.

Well, sorry to hear this probably explains  why Soi 6 this afternoon had several more closed bars that have normally been open.

But, got to stay sharp and rested last time during the shutdown I met the most wonderful, beautiful girls on the dating sites.  Turn lemons into lemonade. ????

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

A voice of reason, in the wilderness of panic mongering, and a pathological fear of the Zombie Apocalypse. Older people end up dying of something, and it is quite ofter "the flu". I know a half dozen people who caught it, and most were sick for a few days. They pulled through, and are fine now. Some were into their late 60's.

Nothing wrong with getting vaccinated, if you can get a good one. Definitely not the Chinese junk vax. Bottom of the barrel vaccines are never a smart choice. The cheapest maybe, but not the best. 

Vast economic shutdowns are NOT the answer. Knee jerk reactions from ineffective leaders, making bad decisions. 

Chiang Mai and Lampang are On the list...Nos 38-39....

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

A voice of reason, in the wilderness of panic mongering, and a pathological fear of the Zombie Apocalypse. Older people end up dying of something, and it is quite ofter "the flu". I know a half dozen people who caught it, and most were sick for a few days. They pulled through, and are fine now. Some were into their late 60's.

Nothing wrong with getting vaccinated, if you can get a good one. Definitely not the Chinese junk vax. Bottom of the barrel vaccines are never a smart choice. The cheapest maybe, but not the best. 

Vast economic shutdowns are NOT the answer. Knee jerk reactions from ineffective leaders, making bad decisions. 

Chiang Mai and Lampang are On the list...Nos 38-39....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CLW said:

How do you define pub? Or is that the Thai translation for drinking parlour?

Many pubs serve respectable food and draught beer. Well, the latter seems to be banned anyway. But what about the food? They want to drive more people into bankruptcy and suicide? 

Just because a few hi so in Thonglor had to joke with the virus

I'm pretty sure that a restaurant is somewhere that doesn't have a bar where people can congregate, itbonly has distances tables? So a pub whose custom is mostly food will still be forced to close. I'm not the authority on this but that's how I remember it from before. 

3 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

I'm pretty sure that a restaurant is somewhere that doesn't have a bar where people can congregate, itbonly has distances tables? So a pub whose custom is mostly food will still be forced to close. I'm not the authority on this but that's how I remember it from before. 

Do they not simply go off what they are licensed as.....a restaurant or a bar?

Obvs....this doesn't take into account the vast number of street bars owned by the police!

Edited by Surelynot

Something just doesn't feel right?  The second wave came in December it is tough to swallow that with all the suppose control the virus count is coming from particularly the West especially with foreigners.  It has been reported time and time again that Thai Nationals on certain airline are being repatriated without the same requirements for foreigner?

It seem common practice with their leaders and spokesman put out false or misleading reports daily but I've been hearing rumors for a while that there is a problem. For the leaders to declare 40 province things might be out of control and panic mode is in full throttle.  If there need to be any lock down I suggest stop the daily migrant runs from Myanmar!  ????

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

...and run risk of having to pay an almost, half decent wage to Thai workers to replace them......not on your life......."profit before all else".

True!  if that is the case then you get what you pay for!????????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

al least they've a little reason, some, Phetchabun for example, are on the list while having no cases, or at least non I know of except rumors.

More than that. The resorts up here have been told to close and not accept guests.. You guess is as good as mine as to why.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1