Thailand set to close all bars, pubs, massage parlours in 41 provinces for 14 days

webfact

Hilarious......... Can you now see why it's always been Thailands best option to surrender......?    This could potentially go on for the next five years, until there's nothing and no one left.....Only the shiny button boys....... their last sound will be reported as........ LOCKDOWN !    

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

More than that. The resorts up here have been told to close and not accept guests.. You guess is as good as mine as to why.

I wonder if they will....last big lockdown all hotels closed?.....We booked into a very nice hotel in Khao Yai......stayed for a month.....virtually the only people there for the first three weeks.

2 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

It's not clear what will lead to more deaths this Songkhran; drunk motorcyclists not wearing helmets or the passive spread of COVID across 76 provinces. Closing a few bars and pubs in Bangkok and surrounds is unlikely to make a difference.  Keeping them open might at least keep some folks from traveling back to the provinces and save some lives.

and we need to factor in the blood clots from the vaccines. The World has gone totally mad.

Edited by Formaleins
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

al least they've a little reason, some, Phetchabun for example, are on the list while having no cases, or at least non I know of except rumors.

Same with Lopburi ,on the list I have heard today they is one case ,only reason I can think of, Lopbuir has a lot of army bases ,the PM's former regiment is based in Lopbrui .

They must think a lot of army personal coming and going .

Today in our Amphur ,town it was lucky dip day, army recruitment  day, they was a market selling every thing people everywhere,the wife and extended family went, as   I drove past ,you would have thought they is no COVID .

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Do they not simply go off what they are licensed as.....a restaurant or a bar?

Obvs....this doesn't take into account the vast number of street bars owned by the police!

I was thinking about the difference between a restaurant and a pub. 

6 hours ago, mike1967 said:

If the UK variant has made its way into Thailand then the only chance they'll have is to put the whole country into lockdown now. You can't stop this variant by shutting pubs alone. Surely then can see what's happening across the rest of the world? This is seriously serious!!!

What a crock of shazer 

6 hours ago, Snig27 said:

The question being asked everywhere on social media it seems, is which members of the highest strata of Thai society have the ability to travel freely without quarantine? Krystal pub is very much the haunt of these people.  We have cabinet ministers too refusing to disclose their movements in the last week or two.  

Then the world would know how many sideline or geeks not including Mia's they have been with. 
After they have seen their 'friends' these ladies then hit the bars and clubs of BKK flush with cash and pass onto my brother Somchai.

Not hard to see how this spreads so quickly with their attitudes

• Like 1

I have been told that anyone travelling from Bangkok to Chiang Mai now faces 14 day quarantine on arrival. This is from my ladyfriend in Chiang Mai that is travelling down here tonight.....Anyone else hearing this? Many...many people complaining about it on the thread 

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And the government blocked everyone from talking on social media about all the people they know who were infected and hospital staff were warned never to reveal if they found any cases, and everyone who visited hospitals and saw the corridors lined with Covid patients were threatened with jail if they spoke of it.

Please wake up to the 21st century. With everyone having social media there are no secrets anymore. If 'thousands' of people were infected they would certainly talk about it and spread their stories. If you remember as far back as a year ago, Thailand closed its borders almost from the start and everyone was told to wear masks. And they did, rather than protest it was against their human rights and the virus was fake and even if it wasn't a quick injection of disinfectant would fix it.

It is present now because an increasing number of Thais and Burmese are crossing the border, often under the noses of border guards who are happy to accept a donation for being momentarily blind. Not that a Thai would ever do such a thing, of course. It's just that the bright winter sun makes it so difficult to see. 

Corruption proves to be the Achilles heel, as ever...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JimGant said:
8 hours ago, webfact said:

34. Udon Thani 35. Buriram 36. Loei 37. Chiang Rai 40. Tak and 41. Phetchabun

They left out two provinces (38 and 39). Maybe Chiang Mai is one of those....

They're on double secret probation.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Thought Mr. Big said he was not going to do this yesterday ! And then as Scritti Politti said 'Boom, there she was'.  If the yo-yoing starts at the top, there truly is no hope for this country in a pandemic.

Given the stellar record of Thailand to limit infections, and deaths to a very very small number (per capita) and to be placed at the top end of countries internationally applauded for their Covid responses over the last year and a bit your comment seems both incredulous and factually in deep space.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CLW said:

How do you define pub? Or is that the Thai translation for drinking parlour?

Many pubs serve respectable food and draught beer. Well, the latter seems to be banned anyway. But what about the food? They want to drive more people into bankruptcy and suicide? 

Just because a few hi so in Thonglor had to joke with the virus

So now all the small bars are going to sell food again so they still habe business geus the girls will still be there as well so don't see this closure realy doing any good . Like some said to little to late .

1 minute ago, Tropposurfer said:

Given the stellar record of Thailand to limit infections, and deaths to a very very small number (per capita) and to be placed at the top end of countries internationally applauded for their Covid responses over the last year and a bit your comment seems both incredulous and factually in deep space.

Do you realy believe that , or do you think the virus has been here spreading for months already but just deu to low testing or just testing in red zones is just not detected . Percentage wise there has never been enough testing here to get the real numbers . And now they want to close down bars , karaoke , massage , but they do nothing about all the people that will be traveling home for songkran . To me that will be a much bigger spread . Imho there is nothing to be done about the spreading if they do not lock down everything . But my honest opinion is to just open everything and let it spread , this is the new flu as many experts said , the normal flu has dissapeared . How the hell is that even possible ?? How can something excisting forever just dissapear and suddenly there is covid . Could it be just a stronger flu (so still flu) . The humam body has an imune system that needs to ajust to this and that will never happen by locking people up and injecting them with vaccines that show more and more flaws . NDV-HXP-S , look up this vaccine and read about it , they are manufacturing it in Thailand , Brazil , Vietnam and is supposed to be a super vaccine much better then all the others much cheaper and much more easy to manufacture in big quantaties . It's a vaccine thqt's already been developped 5 years ago against influensa just modified so still a vaccine against some kind of flu , so there is the connection a vaccine against flu for covid (so covid is the new flu) . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Some people on here really beggar belief, the post 2 above this seems to prove my point, the people that deny the existence of this <deleted> virus and want to party the night away are in for a hell of a shock, I'll say goodbye to them now cos in a couple of weeks they'll be to busy to do anything else.

Enjoy your parties muppets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Speedhump said:

I was thinking about the difference between a restaurant and a pub. 

Same here...I assume when they set up they have to apply for a license for one or the other......and that defines them.....regardless of what they actually do.

Edited by Surelynot

So, for all of you that say the virus is fake, false, no worse than the flu & we that are taking it as a serious threat are overreacting, can I ask a question ? And this should really only be responded to by the deniers living in Thailand, but hey we're liberal here so game on, just state your country of residence when if / you reply.

When you go out to the shops or mall,do you wear a mask ?

Do you practice social distancing ?

Do you you use alcohol hand sanitizer or wash your hands frequently ?

Are you worried about contracting COVID-19 ?

There should probably be more questions but this should give a reasonable clue to the mindset involved, if anyone has more questions fire away ????

Edited by Golden Triangle