Thailand set to close all bars, pubs, massage parlours in 41 provinces for 14 days

webfact

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

Given the stellar record of Thailand to limit infections, and deaths to a very very small number (per capita) and to be placed at the top end of countries internationally applauded for their Covid responses over the last year and a bit your comment seems both incredulous and factually in deep space.

seriously ? 550,000 people die in Thailand each year of all causes. How many of the dead in the past year were tested for covid before going to the temple ? All ? Let's assume they were ALL tested. If false positives account for 0.8% in testing, surely that would mean about 4,300 false positives. Since death with covid are listed as less than 100, I still believe Thailand figures are pure fiction to appease the tourist board. Other countries are listed ALL deaths with covid tested at death, even if from cancer, road accident, dimentia, etc. Countries do not have to have excess deaths to not have no deaths from covid. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

al least they've a little reason, some, Phetchabun for example, are on the list while having no cases, or at least non I know of except rumors.

heard 2 cases ..in phetchabun.... uneasy having it this close to home

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

A voice of reason, in the wilderness of panic mongering, and a pathological fear of the Zombie Apocalypse. Older people end up dying of something, and it is quite ofter "the flu". I know a half dozen people who caught it, and most were sick for a few days. They pulled through, and are fine now. Some were into their late 60's.

Nothing wrong with getting vaccinated, if you can get a good one. Definitely not the Chinese junk vax. Bottom of the barrel vaccines are never a smart choice. The cheapest maybe, but not the best. 

Vast economic shutdowns are NOT the answer. Knee jerk reactions from ineffective leaders, making bad decisions. 

Well you replied to a post that included the sentence  "Vaccinated people ,if they catch the virus should have lesser symptoms."

Therein lies the rub - UNTIL people are vaccinated (with a decent vax) the rise of Covid has been exponential and unceasing.

AFTER Vax, what you said most certainly applies - for once I can say "look at the UK as a prime example of both before and after"

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Won’t affect my plans to go back to my wife’s village

Big speakers hired with a water fight planned, whisky, sharing cigarettes with all the factory workers from bkk. Extra alcohol stocked up just a 200 metre drive away.

Didn’t get to see them for last years, they were made to work instead of the holiday. This year will be a big one..

Good plan big boy.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

God...that was so far into the future when I was a kid and now it is nearly here..........what happened?

You got old mate........ sadly, so did I ????

Fortunately, it's not so near as to worry either of us!

Edited by VBF
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Trotting out a morbidly obese kid as an image of a “perfectly healthy teenager” is pathetic....period.

The info you presented said he took precautions. Nothing about him being perfectly healthy. Did you make that up?

BTW based on the picture it appears that he was obese not morbidly obese. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, thailand49 said:

It has been reported time and time again that Thai Nationals on certain airline are being repatriated without the same requirements for foreigner?

Yes indeed they have different requirements but the quarantine upon arrival period is there for a reason.

I fear for Phuket this holiday time, lots of people have come and are coming to Phuket the place is busy, At the port yesterday the ferries were fully booked.

Around Phuket town not much parking difficult to park 

18 hours ago, xtof2 said:

"It is not known if restaurants will be included in the closure order"

Me thinks that's trying to keep some hope alive !

For domestic tourism $, wait till everyone's on their Songkran trip , then announce restaurants closed tit.

17 hours ago, Rumble Tumble said:

Yes of course it worked last year. Day after day after day of Zero cases.

The reason why, not a single test was being done.

Oh look at us, the best in the world, we have no covid cases, we keep dirty farang out.

lol. Pathetic 

What a joke. Been thousands and thousands of cases in Thailand from Day 1.

So where are the thousands and thousands of people needing hospitalization?  or the thousands and thousands of deaths?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

A voice of reason, in the wilderness of panic mongering, and a pathological fear of the Zombie Apocalypse. Older people end up dying of something, and it is quite ofter "the flu". I know a half dozen people who caught it, and most were sick for a few days. They pulled through, and are fine now. Some were into their late 60's.

Nothing wrong with getting vaccinated, if you can get a good one. Definitely not the Chinese junk vax. Bottom of the barrel vaccines are never a smart choice. The cheapest maybe, but not the best. 

Vast economic shutdowns are NOT the answer. Knee jerk reactions from ineffective leaders, making bad decisions. 

No country in the history has improved its public health by becoming poorer but that is what they are doing with their shortsighted shutdowns now. Keep on doing that for a few years and what is left? Truly a case of a disease being cured but the patient having died.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

heard 2 cases ..in phetchabun.... uneasy having it this close to home

not heard of any this year, last year I can remember 1 in March, 2 in April and 1 in Sept I think it was.

I think the reason for our inclusion is that we are surrounded according to a Government graphic I seen yesterday, but can't remember where.

18 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

You beat me to it. In another news agency we cannot mention it has CM and Lamphun. So I would expect a total lockdown on even selling alcohol. The sad thing is my inconsiderate Thai neighbors will be in their back part of the house which is totally open creating absurd noise pollution with 6-12 of their friends thinking that all is ok as they are not seen. Maybe I will just call the police this time.  

The police won't be interested unless there are brown envelopes to collect.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, simtemple said:

While failing to implement an effective testing and tracking system, they had the temerity to call the Philippines: "the land of Covid-19". For all their faults,  Philippines politicians are  considerably more competent and certainly more honest than any of their Thai counterparts. 

That's just it, the Philippines actually have politicians running the country, all Thailand has for the most part is Military Academy educated soldiers "trying" to run the country but more interested in their own personal finances.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In their EN language news briefing  this morning, the CCSA spokesman said the current plan does NOT call for closing restaurants in the 41 designated provinces.

He said restrictions against restaurants would be considered instead on "a case by case basis."

The lock down of Massage Parlors does also not include traditional Thai massage places and Spa´s.  The lock down is only for the Brothels disguised as massage parlors, since prostitution is not allowed in Thailand.