Thailand set to close all bars, pubs, massage parlours in 41 provinces for 14 days

webfact

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

No it's not. Not at all.

Ok you are correct, yet CDC and WHO claim the symptoms are similar and the vaccines wont stop people catching this virus just like previous flu shots don't stop a flu virus.I'd rather trust my immune system to lessen any effect a virus might have on my body.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mrfill said:

Two small points.

1 - Thailand hasn't been in 'constant lock down'. It has been possible to travel around and even encouraged for Songkran.

2 - Smallpox was eradicated and hasn't been seen since 1980

You are correct on both points, however Smallpox was not a corona virus it was  was a infectious disease caused by one of two virus variants, Variola major and Variola minor. The agent of variola virus (VARV) belongs to the genus Orthopoxvirus

The common flu, also a corona virus,  has been around for a long time, over 100 years and even though we have vaccines for it, we still get the flu! It is almost impossible to eradicate it!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

You are correct on both points, however Smallpox was not a corona virus it was  was a infectious disease caused by one of two virus variants, Variola major and Variola minor. The agent of variola virus (VARV) belongs to the genus Orthopoxvirus

The common flu, also a corona virus,  has been around for a long time, over 100 years and even though we have vaccines for it, we still get the flu! It is almost impossible to eradicate it!

I think you made a mistake on the flu being a coronavirus. The common cold can be generally yes but the flu?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Remember the time difference from when you have the test to when you board the plane is 72 hours. How long does it take to get infected? You can have your test 60 hours before boarding your plane but still get infected 12 hours before you board your plane.

Then they quarantine and are tested in quarantine

1 minute ago, skorp13 said:

Then they quarantine and are tested in quarantine

My point was that a lot of people are saying it could not come from outside the country because people are tested before they are allowed to come hear and I was showing that the time frame to get your COE was still open to you to catch the virus before your plane departs

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The police won't be interested unless there are brown envelopes to collect.

In actuality I need to live here for the rest of my life since the house is bought and paid for, so unless vitally necessary it just is not recommended starting a war.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Close..Saturday (10 April) Just picked this up......The Confirmation came via a tweet on Friday morning which said that entertainment venues in 41 provinces must Close from Saturday (10 April) and was also later confirmed by CCSA spokesperson Taweesilp Visanuyothin during the daily COVID-19 briefing. ....will however re0check..

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, VBF said:

Agree with you on both points - I've been in UK and watched this same scenario over the last year - sadly, (and I take NO comfort from saying this) after Songkran, I can see Thailand following the UK but without an NHS to fall back on. I REALLY want to be wrong, but.......

And quoting my own post (sorry!) but not a day later we see.....

This was basically what I feared! 

• Sad 1

also..

Thailand’s Centre for Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has confirmed the closure of entertainment venues in more than half of the country’s provinces.

Entertainment venues, which include bars, pubs and massage parlours, must close for 14 days, the tweet read.

No restrictions on restaurants were announced, other than being required to maintain social distancing measures.

However, in Chiang Mai, Provincial officials have announced that the Sale of alcohol in Restaurants is prohibited for the next Seven days.....?

6 hours ago, rabang said:

No country in the history has improved its public health by becoming poorer but that is what they are doing with their shortsighted shutdowns now. Keep on doing that for a few years and what is left? Truly a case of a disease being cured but the patient having died.

Agreed. Beyond ignorant. Total knee jerk, deer in the headlights, major coward reactions. One would have hoped for more "manliness" from the army. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"Perhaps the Police go by that."  I presume the police will go where they get the most brown envelopes.

In downtown Pattaya, last time I would say almost all bar licensed premises stayed closed. There will of course always be exceptions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

150 cases in Chiang Mai now.

Yea and Chiang Mai just announced 14 day quarantine for the red list provinces entering their borders, I think provinces now also need to add Chiang Mai to the list that need quarantine to enter. Its basically all a balls up and the country needs a complete lockdown. Its the only fix to get us back to normal.

• Like 1

Did the government/police inform bars that they must close at 9 & not serve liqour? 

I just called a few (granted, they also serve food so maybe classified as "restaurants") and they said tomorrow they can also serve alcohol and food till 11 pm.

57 minutes ago, rott said:

In downtown Pattaya, last time I would say almost all bar licensed premises stayed closed. There will of course always be exceptions. 

Instead of the bars they where sitting in front of Tree Town in Soi Buakhao every night. Someone even put benches there so that they could sit. A big party with booze and ladies every night.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

Instead of the bars they where sitting in front of Tree Town in Soi Buakhao every night. Someone even put benches there so that they could sit. A big party with booze and ladies every night.

Well not exactly a big party but they were there, and the chairs and tables are still occupied by cheap gits and weirdos.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Thanks for the thought, but some of us more self assured men do not do PC. 

It was a joke assured man. Some people take themselves too seriously.

Edited by GreasyFingers
addition
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, rott said:

Well not exactly a big party but they were there, and the chairs and tables are still occupied by cheap gits and weirdos.

It would appear that some of those guys prefer grouping together rather than maintaining any semblance of social distancing. And the denial crowd are around somewhere to lend some encouragement and support. So I guess they can continue their bravado act the next 2 weeks in some of the low-ceiling restaurants in the area while the drinking bars are closed. (....though at least Tree Town is mostly open air). The rest of us can continue zig-zagging around them or crossing the road.

Edited by SheungWan

On 4/8/2021 at 3:38 PM, david555 said:

Now just close the borders & Airports.....then only it can work to control the outbreak ...as it helped before 

Not sure where it helped before? Seeing as we are no nearer normality? We are in exactly the same place as we were last April

• Confused 1