Distilled Water Available in Pattaya?

Banana7

On 4/8/2021 at 7:03 PM, Randy Murican said:

Makro carry 6 packs of 1 Liter in the car accessories area. 

I went to 2 Makro, one on sukhumvit in Jomtien and the one on Pattaya Nua (North road).  Didn't see any car accessory areas. Are they in either of these two stores?

What appears to be more common is deionized water. Never managed to get my head around how this is any better than tap water if the trace elements have not been removed by distillation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Every outdoor pool in the entire planet gets rainwater in it and I never heard of them having that problem before.

So how did you get this data on every outdoor pool in the world. You are being ridiculous. If you think rainwater is clean all over the world you seriously need to reconsider.  I tell you, after heavy rain, my pool is more acidic, I test it. I also I add more flocculant.  Are you completely unaware of the pollution  here?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So how did you get this data on every outdoor pool in the world. You are being ridiculous. If you think rainwater is clean all over the world you seriously need to reconsider.  I tell you, after heavy rain, my pool is more acidic, I test it. I also I add more flocculant.  Are you completely unaware of the pollution  here?

Agreed. Some people seem have some very weird idea of what distilled water actually is.  Rainwater is cram packed with diluted minerals, and other chemical impurities.  To put that in a battery will massively shorten its life, and negatively impact its performance. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Every outdoor pool in the entire planet gets rainwater in it and I never heard of them having that problem before.

That is not correct.  Most pools, if not all, require some chemical balance attention after any prolonged  heavy rainfall, especially  here in Thailand.  It is a recipe for algae  growth and for dissolved  and suspended micro particles. 

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Agreed. Some people seem have some very weird idea of what distilled water actually is.  Rainwater is cram packed with diluted minerals, and other chemical impurities.  To put that in a battery will massively shorten its life, and negatively impact its performance. 

Not considering what it gets off the roof and pool surround. 

• Like 1