Your brief life story

This topic is mainly aimed at expats who are 60yo plus .

I would like to know your brief life story and what age you ended up retired or living in Thailand /Asia

Here is a template.

How old you are now?

How long you been in Thailand/Asia?

What did you do with your life?

Thru the 1970's  1980's 90's

What was the best part of your life?

How did you end up living in Thailand?

Saddest part of life?

What did you learn in life ?

What country did you live in...your longest occupation?

Any regrets ? 

Do you think you had a good life ?

Do you plan to die in Thailand/Asia ?

What's your future ? Any plans to do something before you pass away ?

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

You can click my name and read my brief here on TV. 

I have written a book of my life while I was here for my grandchildren.

I am doing exactly the same, but came to a halt cos I couldn't remember the names of the three Swedish girls in 1978 !   LOL

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I am doing exactly the same, but came to a halt cos I couldn't remember the names of the three Swedish girls in 1978 !   LOL

I can relate to that so I just made names up I could not remember.

I remember my first luv though when I was 6 years old Jacklyn Mackenzie. ????

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tifino said:

but as one famous fella said in the past "I'll Be Back" 

Aye, right, so now its about the future, not the past (even if the future is in the past, or vice versa)

Que sera, sera

This is my life ... (you can imagine the music)

Que fut, eut ete

Four words.  Not Julius Caesar, Nor Doris Day,  We're none of us perfect.  Though we may have been.

To be brief.

Born to traveling parents I lived in 4 different countries before the age of 9.

Spent most of my young life in NZ, then joined the military and saw a lot of the world due to the "generosity" of the NZ taxpayer.

Got out and fell into a woman's trap. Had to start again from scratch at 35. Due to  becoming a nurse I got to work in 3 different countries over a couple of decades.

Discovered Thailand in the 90s and spent as much time there as possible. After retiring moved to LOS to get married and due to marrying the wrong woman ended up losing almost everything.

Financially unable to still live in LOS I have returned to NZ to fill in the gap before the next great adventure.

On reflection, my life was in 10 year chunks. My 20s were the best ( not seriously involved with any women ), my 30s were rotten ( the years of my first partner and nurse training ), in my 40s I discovered LOS and I had the money to enjoy it ( not involved seriously with any women ), so it was blissful, in my 50s I was working in London, so they were not the best, though frequent holidays in LOS were wonderful, so the 50s were a mixed bag ( still no serious relationships with women ), in my 60s I got married and that was when the fat lady sang. Bye bye to happiness.

Looking back, I had a great life ruined in parts by bad choices of women. Sometimes I wonder if there actually are many good women for long term relationships out there- there may be, but I met precious few that were and the best of them were already taken.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Looking back, I had a great life ruined in parts by bad choices of women. Sometimes I wonder if there actually are many good women for long term relationships out there- there may be, but I met precious few that were and the best of them were already taken.

I don't think they are, you end up either divorced or living in married misery (no sex in either case0.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

To be brief.

Born to traveling parents I lived in 4 different countries before the age of 9.

Spent most of my young life in NZ, then joined the military and saw a lot of the world due to the "generosity" of the NZ taxpayer.

Got out and fell into a woman's trap. Had to start again from scratch at 35. Due to  becoming a nurse I got to work in 3 different countries over a couple of decades.

Discovered Thailand in the 90s and spent as much time there as possible. After retiring moved to LOS to get married and due to marrying the wrong woman ended up losing almost everything.

Financially unable to still live in LOS I have returned to NZ to fill in the gap before the next great adventure.

On reflection, my life was in 10 year chunks. My 20s were the best ( not seriously involved with any women ), my 30s were rotten ( the years of my first partner and nurse training ), in my 40s I discovered LOS and I had the money to enjoy it ( not involved seriously with any women ), so it was blissful, in my 50s I was working in London, so they were not the best, though frequent holidays in LOS were wonderful, so the 50s were a mixed bag ( still no serious relationships with women ), in my 60s I got married and that was when the fat lady sang. Bye bye to happiness.

Very interesting how you  married the wrong lady...was she Thai?

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't think they are, you end up either divorced or living in married misery (no sex in either case0.

Almost everyone I know is divorced at least once. I knew 3 couples that were happy- in every case the husband died years too soon, so unknown if they'd have lived happily ever after.

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Very interesting how you  married the wrong lady...was she Thai?

My first partner was Euro and my wife was Thai- both were mistakes. I think women of any ethnicity are the same anyway. IMO the problem is being in a relationship too long. In both cases the first couple of years were OK.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, simon43 said:

The happiest times of my life have been when I wasn't married and didn't have a steady GF, (such as now in Laos) and previous years in Myanmar).  Personally, I think women are over-rated! ????

I disagree. I find attractive women wonderful, but not in permanent relationships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 years

Metallurgist-Programmer/Analyst-Insurance Company Manager-Property Landlord- Property

Surveyor-Royal Mail Franchisee-Self employed Construction Company-S/E Motor Parts dealer -S/E

Exporter

Now

Caught a plane here.

2 weeks ago last Sunday

My fingers aren’t long enough to play a Cmaj9(13)

UK – making money for 52 years

None

Yes

I don’t plan to die.

Learn another song without a Cmaj9(13) chord in it.