Renewal of UK passport in Thailand.

You are aware that you do not personally have to submit the application or collect the new passport?  You can send anyone of your choice to do that or indeed there are companies offering the service.  On the bright side it's unlikely you'll have to face this inconvenience too many times in the future.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

everyone must follow ONLY gov.uk overseas british passport renewals process, selecting “ Thailand” from drop down menu.

Personal appearance at VFS Bangkok ( Local Service / Anti- Fraud measure) required with all pre- completed paper application, original support docs. & payment form .

using / accepting agents to circumvent personal appearance at VFS is clear violation of uk passport terms by applicant & VFS. agent cost same as applicant travel cost ( hearing 13k).

Official App. Form & Guidelines make no mention of Local Service ( VFS) which is specific to country of application and detailed only in website after Country of Residence selection from webpage menu.

I think its awful that "if" i wanted to do it myself, it would entail a 6hr+ bus ride, a night in a hotel, 6hr return home (to submit the application), then exactly the same again to collect it !

In this day and age is just......

Ludicrous situation.

• Like 1