Counterfeit Samsung "EVO" SD Cards

dddave

Last week, throwing caution to the wind, I ordered both a 64 & a 128gb Samsung Evo SD memory card from Lazada.

The thing to know about genuine Samsung "EVOs" is the edge of the card is ALWAYS white so very easy to spot counterfeits.  

The cards I received were indeed counterfeits, edges black.   Lazada accepted my return and refunded my money without issue BUT the seller is still selling so it's clear that Lazada policing is pretty weak.  

Unfortunately. Sandisc & Kingston cards are more difficult to verify.  

The only online sources I have found (so far) to be 100% reliable for genuine flash memory are JIB and Invadeit.

Edited by dddave

It's fairly common knowledge, if you really want to buy memory cards off Lazada, you'd be smart to stick to the "official store" by Kingston or Sandisc and so on, or from the official Lazada store of local retailers like JIB. Buy from anyone else and it is almost certainly going to be fake.

• Like 1

You can look (also online) at Power Buy - just one more example. Lazada and other such platforms obviously help such fraudsters do to their "business" and the platforms even make money with it. If I do the same I would end up in jail... 

• Like 1