Quarantine Chiang Mai

MrKFC

My Thai GF will be returning to Chiang Mai from Surat Thani in a couple weeks and is concerned about quarantine. No restrictions in Surat Thani today but it's not impossible that will change by the time she returns, Apr 22 or 23. 

As I understand the procedure, if Thai citizen whose home is in Chiang Mai is returning from a province that is 'RED' they will be required to quarantine at their home not a 14 day ASQ hotel ... do I have that right? 

Thanks!

DS

Edited by MrKFC
misspelled word

Right now I dont see a problem unless the place goes into lock down, you say your G/F coming home but where is she registered in a Tabian Baan? 

I remember last time I know people who couldn't get back to Phuket because they where registered back in sticky rice land and not Phuket

@MrKFC

Yes, it's self-quarantine at home but most people go out to nightclubs before completing the quarantine because they can't stand the boredom of staying at home for 14 days.

That's why the virus is spreading because self-quarantine is the same as no quarantine.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2021 at 3:07 PM, EricTh said:

@MrKFC

Yes, it's self-quarantine at home but most people go out to nightclubs before completing the quarantine because they can't stand the boredom of staying at home for 14 days.

That's why the virus is spreading because self-quarantine is the same as no quarantine.

Where can I find the official rules regarding the self-quarantine when travelling from Bangkok?

I have heard of this rule many times now in the newspaper, but couldn't find the official source for my reference. 

On 4/13/2021 at 12:48 AM, MTH_CH said:

Where can I find the official rules regarding the self-quarantine when travelling from Bangkok?

I have heard of this rule many times now in the newspaper, but couldn't find the official source for my reference. 

I read it from the many English news, can't remember which one. 

The official rule ?

Try this...  Good luck going through all the articles there.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/index.php

Edited by EricTh

On 4/13/2021 at 12:48 AM, MTH_CH said:

No travel restrictions in place for in country travel

On 4/10/2021 at 1:49 PM, Fromas said:

How's this enforced?

People are entrusted to do their civic duty and the right thing, just as they are when it comes to driving or not abusing government giveaways. Unlike the UK for example where enforcement comes via the threat of fines, police visits, curtain twitching snitches and jail time. Which is the better system and which is more effective is for you to decide.

Is there a link anywhere that shows which cities should be avoided when traveling back to CM?  I will be driving north in a few days and can stay or not stay in Hua Hin on the way back.  I would rather stay anywhere that would avoid a possible quarantine period upon return.  I won't be staying in Bangkok.

How is this enforced for drivers returning home after the holiday?   Are drivers stopped in CM and asked where they've been?

No quarantine for in country travel from anywhere to anywhere in Thailand.

No travel restrictions neither.

Red Zones listed on the map available everywhere.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1214128-chiang-mai-people-urged-not-to-travel-in-or-out-of-five-red-zone-districts/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1214069-confirmed-no-curfew-or-lockdown-but-restrictions-in-place-in-all-thai-provinces/

Edited by canthai55