Muang Thong Thani just called me to go to Chaengwattana immigration for my visa extension stamp I applied for last week. Should I be concerned??

The temp office in Muang Thong Thani told me to go to the immigration office in Chaengwattana to pick up my 2 month visa extension. I got the typical 10 day application review then was ordered to get the stamp on April 9, tomorrow. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks for any heads up.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

It was good service for them to warn you that you needed to go to CW and not MTT.

Agreed. I was actually caught offguard by the courtesy call that I almost yelped in response. I couldn't believe it but am grateful to them for doing that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I went today to the new place, only need the stamp because I was before in Muong Thani and now need to come here the 9th. This is worse, I don't understand why they change. In Muong Thani in 1-5 minutes done, here need to wait 30 mins for your turn, and after need to wait long time to pick up the passport, and only need an easy stamp.

Edit: the good thing that the 60 days extension it's until the 15th of june, like 75 days, because I went to made the extension in the end of march.

Edited by jonga80

3 hours ago, jonga80 said:

Edit: the good thing that the 60 days extension it's until the 15th of june, like 75 days, because I went to made the extension in the end of march.

Presumably, what you are saying is that the 60 days is added to the end of your previous permission to stay, as is usually true for extensions of stay.

• Thanks 1