Phuket residents vaccinated on April 2 asked to self-quarantine

snoop1130

1617870239_1-org.jpg

Dr Chalermpong asked all people who were vaccinated at Saphan Hin on Apr 2 to self-quarantine and monitor their condition. Screenshot: PPHO

PHUKET:-- All people who were present at the Indoor Sports Stadium in Saphan Hin last Friday (Apr 2) to be vaccinated for COVID-19 have been asked to self-quarantine and monitor themselves for signs of infection now that it has been confirmed that one of those present was infected with the virus.

“I want to clarify that the person came to get vaccinated from 1pm-2:30pm. The person spent one and half hours at the stadium… Then the person was tested and confirmed positive,” Vachira Phuket Hospital Director Dr Chalermpong Sukontapol said in a video posted online at 7:28pm last night (Apr 7).

Dr Chalermpong gave no description of the person or his or her recent movements. He did not confirm whether the infected person was one of the eight new cases recognised by local officials yesterday, and gave no explanation of why the warning came six days after the person was at the stadium.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-residents-vaccinated-on-april-2-asked-to-self-quarantine-79616.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-04-08

• Haha 2

Warning came 6 days after because probably took that long to get results back. Time lines etc always seem to come out 5-6 days after they tested positive. Need 24 hr turnaround on results for test and trace to work, as the uk found out out to it's detriment.

8 minutes ago, ukrules said:

There's your problem. My father went for his second shot yesterday, in and out in 15 minutes.

You are so right!  Thais do not seem to use an appointment time system for anything.  For example, my hospital appointments always say between 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. as do the appointment cards for 200-300 others! ????

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ukrules said:

There's your problem. My father went for his second shot yesterday, in and out in 15 minutes.

Agree with that, UK had my first vaccine, 10minute time slot for arrival, 10m once in for paperwork, quick chat with person doing vacc about risks, and 15m waiting after to check for allergy reaction. Very slick operation they were running at my local hospital/vaccine centre.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

All people who were present at the Indoor Sports Stadium in Saphan Hin last Friday (Apr 2) to be vaccinated for COVID-19 have been asked to self-quarantine and monitor themselves for signs of infection now that it has been confirmed that one of those present was infected with the virus.

Just gets better and better.

• Like 1