STV Visa

Hello everybody 

I had a STV Visa start 26th March. I want to know when I have the possibility to extend the visa ? Do I need to wait until the end of 90 days ? Could I do it before? If yes how many time before the first 90 days?

Also, if the officer asks me for a proof of payment for the 3 next month, does an invitation letter from a Thai citizen can work? 
thank you in advance 

othman 

It might vary a bit at different immigration offices, but usually you should be able to apply for an extension 30 days before your permission to stay expires.

29 minutes ago, Othaz said:

a proof of payment for the 3 next month

What payment?

4 hours ago, Othaz said:

I had a STV Visa start 26th March. I want to know when I have the possibility to extend the visa ? Do I need to wait until the end of 90 days ? Could I do it before? If yes how many time before the first 90 days?

Usually you can apply up to 30 days in advance of your 90 day permission of stay ending.

4 hours ago, Othaz said:

Also, if the officer asks me for a proof of payment for the 3 next month, does an invitation letter from a Thai citizen can work? 

If it's an invitation to stay at a Thais residence (no rent) that should be OK.

He should file a TM30 and supply signed copies of his ID card and Tabien Baan.

A recent post from a fella who just extended his STV 

I was in Nonthaburi to extend my STV visa. Here's what the officer asked

1. Copy of passport

2. Copy of TM6

3. Copy of STV visa page on your passport

4. TM7, use the last updated one or get it from Immigration Office. With a photo affixed.

5. STM 2. Declaration that you're aware about overstay and the penalties.
6. ASQ certificate letter stating that you've completed 14 days quarantine.

7. Some kind of proof that you indeed stayed at the ASQ, i produced my ASQ hotel receipt ( room charges )
8. Health Insurance showing coverage amount, line by line items in details of IP, OP, Covid coverage amount.
9. Rental. To state clearly rental period when to when, at where, 4 signatures either passport or Thai ID at the end of agreement ( the usual standard contract ). If the rental's address is in Bangkok, you can only extend visa in Bangkok. Rental period should cover at least 3 months more.

And sign at every page.

• Like 1

In the absence of regulations on what was exactly required for an STV-extension, several people applying for such an extension were confronted with widely differing requirements at their local Imm Office.

The most extreme I came across was where an Imm Officer imposed the same requirements as when applying for the STV in your home-country.

That probably triggered the issuing of attached Info-Graphic (which is pretty much in line with the requirements as posted by @travelerjim in the post above this one).

STV regulations for extension dd March 2021.jpg

• Like 2