Service intervals

18 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

I asked Honda and they said every 40k for cvt transmission fluid  but also thought changing earlier is better.

I would never buy a second hand car with CVT. Maintenance on these is critical.

20K sounds good to me.

On 4/11/2021 at 2:38 PM, JoePai said:

Not with modern engines because the close tolerances they now make them (and better manufacturing processes) the ‘early’ oil change is not necessary anymore - just follow the vehicle's handbook and all will be well

The most accurate advice so far for new modern engines.

Taking is easy is for everything else to bed-in as well.

Also vary your revs but don't red-line the engine for the first 10,000 kilometers.

After that up to you.

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

The most accurate advice so far for new modern engines.

Taking is easy is for everything else to bed-in as well.

Also vary your revs but don't red-line the engine for the first 10,000 kilometers.

After that up to you.

I have a toyota diesel truck 2.4L. It idles at about 900 rpm, most of the time it is between 1,000- 1,600 rpm regardless of speed, and rarely goes above 2,000 rpm. I never go faster than 110 KPH. Red line is about 4,200 RPM. Are you suggesting to rev the engine into 3,000-4,000 RPM range for new vehicles?

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

I have a toyota diesel truck 2.4L. It idles at about 900 rpm, most of the time it is between 1,000- 1,600 rpm regardless of speed, and rarely goes above 2,000 rpm. I never go faster than 110 KPH. Red line is about 4,200 RPM. Are you suggesting to rev the engine into 3,000-4,000 RPM range for new vehicles?

From a technical point of view not a grannies once it's run in yes.

Up to you. 

Re: engine break-in ...

Take it easy for first 1000 km - then drive it / ride it like you stole it.

Engines that never have their neck wrung will burn oil sooner, be gutless, and run poorly.

Edited by canthai55
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/14/2021 at 12:31 PM, canthai55 said:

Toyota does not make oil. And that is expensive - for some young man to remove/replace the drain plug and twist the oil filter wrench.

But Up 2 U

eh? I  had the service  work done every 10,000km at Toyota it didnt  cost 10k baht, dont know where you think I said toyota  make  oil  either? They don't just change the  oil.