So Long to act ?

rodknock

why is it taking Thailand so long to get vaccine out to the public!

other countries have administered millions of doses of vaccine already.

some are near herd vaccination coverage.

centers are set up all over the countries, all you have to do is go to get vaccine jab!!

malls, shoping centers, pharmacys, drive through, etc.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Thailand is not the only country I live in OZ now I am at dangerous age to contract the virus I went for an appointment for the vaccination only to be told come back at the end of April. But I don't really care could not even get my regular flu shot

Edited by Meat Pie 47

8 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Just maybe they are waiting for a vaccination  to be made in Thailand. 

That would be very prestigious  and save an awful lot of money.

But at least we can rest in peace knowing that those that run the country have been vaccinated, so all is well

it would also save a lot of face

6 hours ago, rodknock said:

is solely responsible for any negative consequences of these vaccines

what would imply that they are also accountable for the results of not making vaccines available.

2 hours ago, marin said:

This topic really cant be discussed. The answer cant really be spoken of.  Has to do with Astrazeneca production in Thailand.

And the fact that the company 'reconsidered' exports to Thailand when someone exercised free speech and was thrown in jail for protesting the arrangements that had been made.

• Like 2

All you can do is wait until the vaccine of your choice comes in. In the mean time get some good masks either n95 or kn95 and build up you immune system with plenty of vit. c,vit.d3,and Zinc.

Edited by vandeventer
  • Like 1

In the wake of billions of dollars of fines from Airbus, Rolls Royce (and now Toyota), it's become harder and more convoluted to negotiate the brown envelopes required for deals involving the gub'ment.

And, no.  I don't have a link...  As if that kind of stuff is negotiated in the public sphere.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Thailand is not the only country I live in OZ now I am at dangerous age to contract the virus I went for an appointment for the vaccination only to be told come back at the end of April. But I don't really care could not even get my regular flu shot

"Australia has just finalized the purchased 20 million doses of Pfizer's vaccine as it pivots away from its earlier plan to rely mainly on AstraZeneca vaccine."

AP 9 hours ago

At least there being pro active.

15 hours ago, chilly07 said:

As with everything else in Thailand someone has to make a big profit and they haven't worked out who that should be or how much they should make. Till then they are going through the motions, with a lot of hot air trying to disguise the fact that the army doesn't know how to deal with a worldwide pandemic spread by their friends from the north. After all no pressure as the powers that be have had their jab!

I think they've worked out how much profit to make, but realize that will be up for scrutiny , so why Bother if they can't make billions to give the white elephant the lions share.

On 4/9/2021 at 2:02 PM, marin said:

This topic really cant be discussed. The answer cant really be spoken of.  Has to do with Astrazeneca production in Thailand.

AZ production in Thailand has always been scheduled for middle of the year, so why are people trying to make out it is taking too long.

Nakorn said AstraZeneca has already started sharing the technology Siam Bioscience will need to make its vaccine and that production could begin in the second quarter of next year. If all goes well, he said, inoculations could start by the middle of the year.

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/thai-firm-joins-astrazeneca-make-covid-19-vaccine-southeast-asia

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 3:02 PM, sandyf said:

AZ production in Thailand has always been scheduled for middle of the year, so why are people trying to make out it is taking too long.

Nakorn said AstraZeneca has already started sharing the technology Siam Bioscience will need to make its vaccine and that production could begin in the second quarter of next year. If all goes well, he said, inoculations could start by the middle of the year.

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/thai-firm-joins-astrazeneca-make-covid-19-vaccine-southeast-asia

Insiders say privately end of the year