More COVID cases in Surat Thani?

6 minutes ago, Birdman said:

There were 4 places on Samui. One of them was Bangkok Hospital. You could get one, if you are working in a tourist related business. Farangs too. The tour company had to register you first. All that until 59yrs. Over that you have to wait for AstraZeneca. Maybe in June     

The age limit could be the problem.

I am 70. I have a work permit and I pay personal and company taxes as well as SS. I was not allowed the vaccine.

I work in the tourist (high risk) industry. I do not work with a tour company.

43 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

The age limit could be the problem.

I am 70. I have a work permit and I pay personal and company taxes as well as SS. I was not allowed the vaccine.

I work in the tourist (high risk) industry. I do not work with a tour company.

Best for you would be to get more infos from the Samui TAT and THA people. There is a limited amount of vaccinations now and in the next future.  I do not know, If small resort/real estate owners/staff are qualified to get one of it first. Staff of major tourist companies, major hotels, major agencies, major tour agents, airport, ferries and and will probably and understandably be the ones.   

Anyway, you have to wait until the AstraZeneca arrives. 

Edited by Birdman
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Birdman said:

Best for you would be to get more infos from the Samui TAT and THA people. There is a limited amount of vaccinations now and in the next future.  I do not know, If small resort/real estate owners/staff are qualified to get one of it first. Staff of major tourist companies, major hotels, major agencies, major tour agents, airport, ferries and and will probably and understandably be the ones.   

Anyway, you have to wait until the AstraZeneca arrives. 

Anybody Thai citizen could actually go there and be vaccinated, not only staff from tourist sector, and those that showed up were vaccinated.

4 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Anybody Thai citizen could actually go there and be vaccinated, not only staff from tourist sector, and those that showed up were vaccinated.

That`s wrong. I am close to the people who gave the vaccination at Central Festival. And even much more. I am in the middle of that. There were lists provided by the owners and managers given to the authorities. And they gave them the exact time and day for their staff.    

1 hour ago, Birdman said:

That`s wrong. I am close to the people who gave the vaccination at Central Festival. And even much more. I am in the middle of that. There were lists provided by the owners and managers given to the authorities. And they gave them the exact time and day for their staff.    

I talk from experience, but it was not in Central...????

Just a quick note on Covid testing.

Two Thais staying with me needed to get tested for Covid as there were guests at the hotel where they work that had Covid.

They could not get tested at Samui Hospital in Nathon as it was fully booked and they were not deemed to be high risk by the hotel.

Private testing is available at :-

Bandon Hospital                 3,200 baht    results within 48 hours

Bangkok Samui hospital   5,500 baht   results within 24 hours

• Like 1

A Facebook post from Bangrak Minimart :-

Two customers in the shop were found to be Covid positive.

If you were in the shop on the 15th April, please get Covid tests and self quarantine.

I use that shop a lot but I have been in self quarantine since the 13th. Lucky or what?

Edited by Tropicalevo

it looks like it is breaking out now. A lot of these holidaymakers here for Songkran will be spreading this far and wide. Coco Tams was packed when I passed the other evening. Both restaurant and beach.

I expect numbers to climb significantly here in Samui over the next two weeks.

I hope that I am wrong.

• Like 1

Don`t think so. But don`t care at all. 

Wonder about people speaking about empty Samui, people are leaving and so. Have been at Macro today, really many other customers. Streets are full with vehicles. Really many people around. Maybe expats all around Thailand have realized what a really nice place Samui is?

• Like 2