More COVID cases in Surat Thani?

"Samui is now red zone in Surat Thani..."

But this is not the same 'red zone' as decreed by Bangkok for the 18 provinces that are official red zones.

This colour coding is just Suratthani saying that the red areas have more than 15 cases. (Samui has 50 cases now.)

• Like 1

We are now just reaching the end of any 14 day quarantine period from Songkran, so we might be due a further increase in numbers.

Let's just hope that the restrictions that have been put in place are enough to stop the spread. Although I doubt it. Still seems to be lax on quarantine of arrivals from red zones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

At least it doesn't mention the beaches. 

Is there a time limit on this lockdown?  Or open ended?

To my knowledge "open ended", and if there is a time limit, it can be extended; someone will for sure let us know when it ends, at least when the party-life reopens...????

Looks like the government hospital is closed? Or maybe the health centre at Bophut?

"Bor Phud Hospital on Samui Island in Surat Thani province, closed until May 14th. 7 medics quarantined."

Edited by Tropicalevo

33 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Looks like the government hospital is closed? Or maybe the health centre at Bophut?

"Bor Phud Hospital on Samui Island in Surat Thani province, closed until May 14th. 7 medics quarantined."

Bophud hospital? My GF tells me it is that place set back from the road near My Friend restaurant on the road  around  Bangrak bay.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Is there an update on the number of cases on the islands?

This from Sunday shows Surat Thani:

Sunday's new cases included those found in Bangkok (539), Nonthaburi (276), Samut Prakan (145), Chonburi (89), Pathum Thani (62), Chiang Mai 55, Samut Sakhon (52), Surat Thani (48), Trang (35), Nakhon Ratchasima (34), and Chiang Rai (23).

But Samui info by Nicha shows:

Samui only +1 today
(60 confirmed cases in total) 28 already recovered in total. Thank Phangan +0 (17)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, phetphet said:

Bophud hospital? My GF tells me it is that place set back from the road near My Friend restaurant on the road  around  Bangrak bay.

There is only one government hospital on Samui, the one in Nathon; but the villages have health centers.

There is  no "Bo Phut Hospital", but there are two private hospitals in Bo Phut, they are Bandon Hospital next to BigC and Thai International Hospital opposite Tesco-Lotus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gulfsailor said:

To be pedantic, Bangkok Hospital and Samui International both are in Tambon Bophut as well. 
But pretty sure they mean a local community health center, not a hospital. 

Yes, you are right...???? Thanks for correction...????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phetphet said:

There is a Thai news-forum posting saying that Thai Inter Hospital (Thai International Hospital opposite Tesco-Lotus on Bo Phut) is safe...

181489549_4267445756632868_6618045001596
Automatic Facebook-translation of text:

Announcement (Edited Edition added to comply with the patient's Timeline)
Thai International Hospital.
In case of 19 COVID patients, the 740th Thai nationality male, 61 years old. Timeline was admitted to the Thai International Hospital on April 18, 2564 with stomach pain, no fever, no snot or rash. The patient rests. At Thai International Hospital for 1 nights, the result of Negative 19 COVID test. Then the doctor diagnosed with appendicitis needed surgery. But the patient asked for treatment at Ko Samui hospital.
Thai International Hospital has sent patients to Koh Samui Hospital on 19 April 2564 at 19.20 p.m. To continue the treatment.
Thai International Hospital has performed according to infectious disease control standards for the safety of all service providers and staff members.
1. All staffs touched by the 740th patient in Timeline. The Thai International Hospital has detained and checked all RT PCR COVID 19 and the result is NEGATIVE (not infected).
2. All areas in Thai International hospital. Clean with COVID 19 antibiotics.
In this way, Thai International hospital still adheses the principle of patient care and cleaning the area and all medical devices according to the standard of all leavening standards and since the COVID 19 person in Thai International Hospital. No one has been found in such an infection.
Edited by khunPer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Koh Samui May 8th...

+1 new case, total 73,

42 have recovered.

I was hoping that with two days with no cases, that might have been the end of it for a while. 

GF told me there was a female "Thai superstar". Her words not mine. That flew to Samui from Bangkok, spent a few nights in Koh Phangan, then spent a few nights in Samui, returned to Bangkok a couple of days ago, and was found to be C19 positive. 

Had been to a party in Phuket, had travelled on plane to and from Samui, and on ferry to Phangan. So there could still be more cases to appear yet.

Found this:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27329/ploy-chermarn-under-fire-after-catching-covid-while-island-hopping/

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1