Entering Thailand as a Tourist

I'm just very confused about the situation at the moment. I have a place on an english teaching course in Bangkok. I was told to try and enter as a tourist. I've seen lots of reports in the news about Thailand not being open for tourism currently, but on the other hand, i've seen claims that it is possible. Basically, my question is "can you enter Thailand as a tourist currently?" - apologies if this has been asked a million times.

image.png.c9047d97c2970dca332db335d16cbba7.png

The simple answer is yes.  You can enter visa exempt or with a tourist visa.  You will also need a certificate of entry (COE), COVID insurance and spend time in paid quarantine.  Details of all the requirements will be found on the Thai Embassy website wherever you are coming from.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

It is possible, but make sure you understand all the costs you are going to incur before committing yourself. How long do you anticipate staying in Thailand?

Probably at least 6 months , I’ll be able to get a teaching job after my course , so I hope to at least break even. I’m coming from the U.K. , we can’t leave for tourism just yet but I should be able to leave for “training”

9 minutes ago, Sean15 said:

Probably at least 6 months , I’ll be able to get a teaching job after my course , so I hope to at least break even. I’m coming from the U.K. , we can’t leave for tourism just yet but I should be able to leave for “training”

Where will you be taking the course?

The longest stay you can get from a tourist visa is 60 days plus a 30 day extension unless they are still offering the 60 day covid 19 extensions.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sean15 said:

Why put inverted commas around the word training? Is it just a front? You could do proper Teacher Training in the UK if you are genuinely serious about helping educate the children here.....

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Where will you be taking the course?

The longest stay you can get from a tourist visa is 60 days plus a 30 day extension unless they are still offering the 60 day covid 19 extensions.

Ah i see, the course is in Bangkok

35 minutes ago, Sean15 said:

I will be surprised if you can break even as a newly qualified English teacher unless you will be able to earn for longer than just a few months. Highly qualified teachers with a lot of experience can make good money, but most teachers work for peanuts. On the plus side, there is a big demand for teachers and, if realistic about salary, you should find a job. Take a careful look at the costs of flights, quarantine and insurance, as well as allowing for living costs while here. I wish you luck, but look before you leap.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Antiparovian said:

Why put inverted commas around the word training? Is it just a front? You could do proper Teacher Training in the UK if you are genuinely serious about helping educate the children here.....

because "training" along with "education" and "work" are the reasons the govt lists as valid for leaving