Branded projects?

Hi - i'm aware of the condo thing, but I've recently seen something about Farang-ownership being possible in a 'branded project' or 'villa complex'.

Does anyone know about these things? It sounds like, because the developer calls it a single project with multiple units, they can sell under the same 49/51 rule as condos...

It can't be that simple, can it?

And would a branded project be something like brand-new townhouses with a name like Habitown or Townhome?

I think maybe villa complexes might be out of my price-range, but I'd like to know how it all works.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks Peter - that sounds more likely than not. Cheers.

I've read about the Farang owning the house and his Thai wife owning the land it sits on; I've been told that it secures both parties' interests, in a way.

She can't sell the land from under you, or evict you - and you can't sell the house to another party without her consent.

This is all worst-case-scenario, obv!

Thanks again - any further coment on this greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

I’ve heard about projects where the houses are on a condo title but never any more than that. Can’t say for sure either way. When you talk about BRANDED it means generally the big hotel brands that now all do “residences” but as far as I know they’re all high end (priced) condos. You’d just be paying a huge premium for the name.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 6:37 PM, lordmullin said:

Does anyone know about these things? It sounds like, because the developer calls it a single project with multiple units, they can sell under the same 49/51 rule as condos...

It's so far only a suggestion, your can read more here...

• Like 1