Thailand says Bangkok COVID-19 outbreak may take months to contain

webfact

5 hours ago, smedly said:

well it will since it has been allowed to spread uncontrolled to the rest of the country over the next 2 weeks 

try controlling that

My only conclusion is utter stupidity or done on purpose 

Your conclusion of utter stupidity is really easy to understand.

However, the " done on purpose " thing is a little harder to get to grips with.

I can think of one or two reasons why this may be done on purpose, but I am having problems coming to terms with those reasons in my head.

40 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

These pockets keep popping up because migrants are either sneaking over the border to escape the war there, or being brought in by mafia making a buck to provide workers to the businesses here.  Just like happened in December.  Remember?

Is that why they targeted foreign workers?

26 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

This variant thing could go on forever......Which means lockdowns forever.....At some point people have to say enough....And go back to living,  virus or no virus.....

Seems we've come to far now to turn back besides after so many U turns it's difficult to see just where we are now,I know it's not somewhere I recognise or want to be.I think we are well and truly lost and no hope exists of find that elusive thing they call THE PLOT! 

They have no idea of infection rate or how many cases so how can they possibly give a time line? Sounds like buying time to me. Of the 400+ at least 150 were in a Southern prison so that can't really factor into society and where the new hot spots have been found.

Looking at the number of variants around the world now it can be reasonable to say the virus is more than likely mutating differently in different parts of the world. Perhaps the U.K variant was not brought in past tight security measures but was here all along and has mutated in similar fashion with the U.K. strain

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, onekoolguy said:

We need vaccine now!

In the USA anyone over 18 can get free vaccine on demand.

Yet here we have to wait months longer, even if we are willing to pay for it?

Why?

Because they pocketed to much money from the beginning to order in bulk . 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

No I mean the plan to open the country to people who have been vaccinated for Covid-19 without having to quarantine; initially in Phuket and later the rest of the country.

I was just told today by Thai Elite that they haven't gotten anything official yet on Phuket in July.  I'm planning on returning here in July, booking straight to Phuket since I have 2 Moderna jabs, but not willing to do another quarantine for a 4 week trip.  Shangri-La was tolerable enough in February because I came for over two months, but there are limits.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Really, months to control? They need to ramp up their testing rapid, speed up turnaround of tests so they can trace quicker. From the calls for people to come forward who have been to certain places I think there test and trace is at it's limit. At a certain case number per day, tracing becomes very difficult due to the sheer numbers of close contacts.

This Covid business will take years not months to clear up never known such a bunch of uneducated dreamers in my life

A damning indication of the current Thai outbreak readiness and reality of the true numbers that are being under reported

BANGKOK (Reuters) - At least 12 hospitals in Thailand's capital, Bangkok, have said they are suspending testing for COVID-19 amid a new spike in cases due to high demand and shortage of supplies.

https://news.yahoo.com/dozen-bangkok-hospitals-suspend-covid-040652443.html

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

A damning indication of the current Thai outbreak readiness and reality of the true numbers that are being under reported

BANGKOK (Reuters) - At least 12 hospitals in Thailand's capital, Bangkok, have said they are suspending testing for COVID-19 amid a new spike in cases due to high demand and shortage of supplies.

https://news.yahoo.com/dozen-bangkok-hospitals-suspend-covid-040652443.html

No wonder the Ministers are running to the Bunkers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Covid hasn't been much of a problem due to the lock down of borders and internal lock downs during the past spikes.  If rates were higher, you'd see mass graves and refrigerated trucks for the dead outside hospitals.  Just like in Brazil.  That's not happening here.

Believe this, and you'll believe anything.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Todays Covid 19 news report I am now watching is reporting 559 new cases of Covid.  Just watching the 34 HD news now.  Be safe folks.

Yea and thats with a serious lack of testing, that can't be denied. I would expect the Government to own up to its failure and address the nation but yes I'm dreaming

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Todays Covid 19 news report I am now watching is reporting 559 new cases of Covid.  Just watching the 34 HD news now.  Be safe folks.

It really looks as if this thing is out of control now.

OMG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

It really looks as if this thing is out of control now.

OMG

So for you just another day and of no concern.  Nice to see another person who could care less about their fellow man. I wish you well Sir. 

1 hour ago, habuspasha said:

I was just told today by Thai Elite that they haven't gotten anything official yet on Phuket in July.  I'm planning on returning here in July, booking straight to Phuket since I have 2 Moderna jabs, but not willing to do another quarantine for a 4 week trip.  Shangri-La was tolerable enough in February because I came for over two months, but there are limits.

And if they carry through with this plan, after a week in Phuket you would be free to travel around Thailand during the rest of your trip.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I think it all comes down to being ranked 104th for transparency and corruption.

One does wonder...but if the numbers are good enough for the WHO then I guess they're good enough for lille ole me.

• Haha 1

"The COVID-19 taskforce on Thursday said nightspots in Bangkok and 40 provinces, including pubs and karaoke bars, would be closed for two weeks. It did not specify when.

The taskforce also asked employers to let staff work from home ..................................."

Unbelievable! So how on earth are pubs and karaoke bars staff supposed to work from home? I should imagine that most of their living quarters are too small to swing a cat in let alone set up a stage with lighting rigs, and a counter with beer pumps! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Your conclusion of utter stupidity is really easy to understand.

However, the " done on purpose " thing is a little harder to get to grips with.

I can think of one or two reasons why this may be done on purpose, but I am having problems coming to terms with those reasons in my head.

The power to control peoples lives must be high on your list! Also, an ideal way to curtail demonstrations against the government is another. 

• Haha 1

Oh... the UK strain ? Is that it?

What about the latest from the UK, Brazil, and USA combined Strain? 70 % more contagious and deadly.

Let's count the latest

UK is B117

South Africa: B1351

Brasil : P1

latest US mutation?  WITHOUT GENOME SEQUENCING... your guess may be as good as anyone else's. 

237 % increase from children in pre-school through High school in Mid West, from all of they're older brothers and sisters partying in Mexico during spring break!

According to The American Medical Association... no vaccine is even on the drawing board for the latest mutated strain.

But Sexy Tour and Travel bubbles will protect Thai residents and international travellers.....uh huh. 

We, nor has anyone else I've read about, have even began to prepare for the countless refugees that are about to hit the Thai Boarders from Burma alone.

Last thought: The U.S. just had its highest spike of illegal immigrant children ( 20000 in the last 30 days) deposited over the boarder fence and barriers from countries as far away as Honduras, as parents fear for their children's lives. 

It truly gives new meaning to a : "Life Extinction Event".