Thailand says Bangkok COVID-19 outbreak may take months to contain

webfact

Oh... the UK strain ?

Is that it? What about the latest from the UK, Brazil, and USA combined Strain? 70 % more contagious and deadly.

237 % increase from children in pre-school through High school in Mid West, from all of they're older brothers and sisters partying in Mexico during spring break! According to The American Medical Association...

.....no vaccine is even on the drawing board for the latest mutated strain.

Hello Booster Shots for everyone before end of the year!

But TAT and Sexy Tour and Travel Bubbles will keep us safe from:

B117, B1351, P1 and the latest strain/mutation just now hitting the Mid West....70% more contagious and 70% more deadly.

3,350 people are dying everyday in The USA due to Covid.  ....and until Genome Sequencing becomes the rule; your guess as to what to call the new strain, is as good as anyone's guess.

It truly gives new meaning to a : "Extinction Level Event".

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, HuaHinOne said:

Does anyone know what Covid documentation if any, is required  for travel between provinces in Thailand by air or train?

Many Thanks

Flew AirAsia a few days ago to Nakhon Phanom province from DMK. 

No documentation required except when booking online had to tick a statement about not having any covid symptoms etc.

Normal masking,  gel and temp checks on departure and again on entry into the arrival terminal here. 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai experts are puzzled at how the UK variant evaded the country's strict quarantine system, which has helped keep overall cases to a relatively low 30,310 and deaths at just 95.

'Thai experts' might be puzzled, I'm not. I recall being shouted down by the TV intelligentsia when the phrase one numbers came out and shared what appeared to me to be an almost impossibly low infection and death rate. I thought then and still think now that the testing regime was seriously inadequate, and that the government was almost certainly going to be found out about it. But no, I was called a pessimist and assured that it was down to the brilliance of that nice Mister Prayuth., no matter how out of character that might have been.

I still think there is something seriously wrong with the  testing regime in TL and that this is why the infection and death rate have been so low. I confidently expect to be called a pessimist again, though, I guess we'll see.

I fear that COVID-19, in one of it's forms is going to be rather more serious than is commonly accepted. I guess we'll see about that as well. Fingers crossed eh?

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Is that why they targeted foreign workers?

In December, yes, they targeted migrant workers here illegally.  Now, they are targeting Thai's mainly who've been to entertainment venues in Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

A number of posts using trolling images and the replies have been removed. 

Some off topic posts and replies have been removed. 

A post in which the quoted content had been altered and the replies have been removed:

2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

Of course they would if the US and UK hadn't commandeered the market.

Money talks - however its a bit of a crafted story and, while partially true, isnt 100% true.  Even in Nepal they have rolled it out.  Thailand has the lowest vaccination rate in Asia.  

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

Of course they would if the US and UK hadn't commandeered the market.

Money talks - however its a bit of a crafted story and, while partially true, isnt 100% true.  Even in Nepal they have rolled it out.  Thailand has the lowest vaccination rate in Asia.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johnnytuc said:

One death per !.5 million in the UK estimated that 10000 lives saved by taking Astra. 17 deaths a year caused by blood clots on long haul air travel go figure 

Yeah but never let the truth stand in the way of good bit of negativity! 

• Like 1

Countries get huge low interest loans from the IMF to go along with Covid lockdowns and the latest 'new variant' strains, the Thai govt then uses this to buy itself new submarines and APCs while their people go hungry. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Thailand to me seems to be dragging it's feet over getting everybody vaccinated, whats the problem?

Got to make sure they buy the vaccine from the right manufacturer so said manufacturer can be the saviour of the people.

Wouldn't want a foreign supplier to steal the thunder when it can be attributed to the locally produced brand.

Meanwhile, destroy the country for a bit of propaganda 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Thailand does not have the lowest rate in Asia. Please show a link to prove that.

i is well know that h mutation are wandering around and that asymptotic people spread. this can even been people who are vaccinated with with the covid jab. Well known and well document in the medical world around the world and the literature. Problem is the politicians not want to understand this at all. The best solution is to shutdown all, isolate and make blocks and then wait minimal 40 days before opening block by block. This has been proven many times that this works. Put a ban on traveling. Put a ban tourism. Vaccinate as much as possible in a short as possible time, all people. in three to sixmonthn all is solved. when you have enough vaccine. and the block they control the outbrake and help to stop..

2 hours ago, placnx said:

Exception: China

You are wrong, the proportion of covid cases in China to the population is inconsistent with a pandemic, less than 100K out of nearly 1.5 billion. Infection was very localised in China with nearly 75% of cases in just one province.

Unless of course you can prove otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Thailand does not have the lowest rate in Asia. Please show a link to prove that.

Sorry my mistake - Taiwan is 0.1 per 100 and Vietnam 0.1.  Thailand is 3rd lowest with 0.6 per 100 people.  Certainly nothing to be proud of!  https://vdata.nikkei.com/en/newsgraphics/coronavirus-vaccine-status/#cumulativeVaccinationsByCountryMap

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Autonuaq said:

i is well know that h mutation are wandering around and that asymptotic people spread. this can even been people who are vaccinated with with the covid jab. Well known and well document in the medical world around the world and the literature. Problem is the politicians not want to understand this at all. The best solution is to shutdown all, isolate and make blocks and then wait minimal 40 days before opening block by block. This has been proven many times that this works. Put a ban on traveling. Put a ban tourism. Vaccinate as much as possible in a short as possible time, all people. in three to sixmonthn all is solved. when you have enough vaccine. and the block they control the outbrake and help to stop..

And what if its all just a bunch of nonsense ?

Edited by redwood1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

just one state, in Australia, tests 35,000/day.. so no, Thailand is not mass testing.

110% agreed! But they are doing better. Or at least the same, as other SE Asian countries.