Thailand sees a run on hospitals as Covid-19 cases linked to entertainment venues are reported

webfact

57 minutes ago, robblok said:

Right just let forget about the fact that if it hits you bad you will be in hospital for weeks. Sure you survive but its not a fun ride. I mean currently you can survive Aids to but do you want it. Also many people have longer lasting health issues after contracting this. 

Like i posted before people like you and others just need to work in a hospital for a while and see the effects. If death is all you count then your being a bit unfair. Cancer is also not always fatal... does it make you want to get it ? I mean if you get this and you get it bad you probably recover but it will take a long time.

I agree with everything you have said. Most people that get Covid (80%) have very mild effects, similar to a cold or no effects at all, it is only a relatively few that get it really bad and I agree you do not want to be one of those. People with pre existing conditions and the elderly have a greater chance of getting covid 19 and being very ill, but those people have a greater chance of dying anyway.

The point is if we all worried about everything we could die of we wouldn't get out of bed, life has risks, do you want to worry about that or get on with your life.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

I agree with everything you have said. Most people that get Covid (80%) have very mild effects, similar to a cold or no effects at all, it is only a relatively few that get it really bad and I agree you do not want to be one of those. People with pre existing conditions and the elderly have a greater chance of getting covid 19 and being very ill, but those people have a greater chance of dying anyway.

The point is if we all worried about everything we could die of we wouldn't get out of bed, life has risks, do you want to worry about that or get on with your life.

So your a Covid denier, and believe it is just another illness.  Sorry your wrong.  Next

3 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

ASQ Hotels are very expensive 

If I take an average hospital cost me (not for COVID) over a period I stayed in there and divide by number of days, I would get about 15,000 baht per day out of it. I think that's more expensive than many of the ASQ hotels.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Only if you pay 2,200

That's the line at ONE hospital!?? After people who visited just 7 pubs were requested to get checked? Those must be some damn popular pubs! Big ones too!! I wouldn't want to assume such a condescending thing that there are a massive number of hysterical people driven into paranoid panic by the media and government, so I'm sure all of these people must have been patrons of those pubs. Maybe they just all happened to show up at the same time? There are far more than 50 hospitals in Bangkok... Maybe this one is super popular with pub goers?

8 minutes ago, Sig said:

That's the line at ONE hospital!?? After people who visited just 7 pubs were requested to get checked? Those must be some damn popular pubs! Big ones too!! I wouldn't want to assume such a condescending thing that there are a massive number of hysterical people driven into paranoid panic by the media and government, so I'm sure all of these people must have been patrons of those pubs. Maybe they just all happened to show up at the same time? There are far more than 50 hospitals in Bangkok... Maybe this one is super popular with pub goers?

Its spreading

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its spreading

Other than the fact that some people actually do get harmed by the virus... and do get harmed by the elites, media, and government  policies, I find the whole thing hilarious.

Just now, Sig said:

Other than the fact that some people actually do get harmed by the virus... and do get harmed by the elites, media, and government  policies, I find the whole thing hilarious.

That must be very comforting for you, I struggle to find your humour appropriate but hey, each to their own

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sig said:

A hilariously tragic comedy of errors you might say or just black humour.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

So let's get all the people who may be infected to crowd together in the hospitals - what could possibly go wrong?

Testing stations should be outdoors and separate from hospitals.

Don't start bringing logic into the pandemic now, it's a little late for that we're going by the science and the data says it's ok to do it like this.What data I hear you cry?Well that's how we get ranked 104th for transparency and corruption it's none of your business.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, John Drake said:

On an extended timeline, the survival rate for everyone is zero. Each person has a right to reach for their maximum lifespan without being consigned to some expendable category.

Very succinct - never seen it put quite like that before.

I started out a "lockdown sceptic" (in UK) with the idea "let those who are vulnerable lock down and let the rest of us get on with life" and to some degree I still think that but my views have moderated over the months an having studied the stats about who is affected and by how much.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, John Drake said:

On an extended timeline, the survival rate for everyone is zero. Each person has a right to reach for their maximum lifespan without being consigned to some expendable category.

A nice turn of phrase.It's a pity the right to move freely around the planet has been withdrawn to accommodate this right and to blame people wishing to explore the right to travel as somehow impinging on people's right to reach for their maximum lifespan.How may wars have there been that relegate people to the expendable category?Yet that seems quite acceptable to some.Everybody will reach their max lifespan will they not?What is the "maximum lifespan"?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

It's a pity the right to move freely around the planet has been withdrawn to accommodate this right and to blame people wishing to explore the right to travel as somehow impinging on people's right to reach for their maximum lifespan

When was there some "right" to move around the planet "freely?" I remember going into East Berlin and Warsaw Pact countries in the 1980s. There was nothing "free" about it. All sorts of restrictions and blockades for countries in Central and South America. It didn't happen then, it will never happen now.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Agreed. The big blot on the copybook is the slow roll out of a vaccine. It’s been available since February but a statistically minute number of people have had it administered

I think you will find all the important/rich/hi so people have had it!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

When was there some "right" to move around the planet "freely?" I remember going into East Berlin and Warsaw Pact countries in the 1980s. There was nothing "free" about it. All sorts of restrictions and blockades for countries in Central and South America. It didn't happen then, it will never happen now.

Good point and I would ask when there was a right to reach for maximum life span?How many have been denied this so call right over the course of human history?I would also say that you have always had the right to move freely about the planet but there are people in this world who would deny this right to travel and because this right is denied doesn't make it not a right, just like it's wrong to deny the right reach for max lifespan.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, phukettrader said:

Or you can live your life normally, happy in the knowledge that you have a more than 99% chance of NOT dying from the virus.

even your name phuket trader gives you away, you would happily see dozens die in order that you can get back to making money, hence your persistent negative comments re the validity of Covid 19

• Like 2

Just to be clear, this is the supposed virus, that presents no symptoms, cannot be reliably detected, that still shows infection after a vaccine is administered, and is currently being recalled worldwide due to serious / fatal side effects..........

for an undefinable condition which has a 99.8% survival rate?

running out of time.❤️????????
buy gold.

15 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

But depending upon Geographic location, there is a high likely hood that somebody near and dear to you will catch Covid,

Maybe it will be your Mum, Dad, Brother, Sister Auntie Uncle Grandpa Grandma, who knows.

15 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

But depending upon Geographic location, there is a high likely hood that somebody near and dear to you will catch Covid,

Maybe it will be your Mum, Dad, Brother, Sister Auntie Uncle Grandpa Grandma, who knows.

Wife ?

Sorry ThailandRyan , but there are posters who still think that they are totally healthy and won't be very sick or die, if they catch covid 19.

Well when some of these posters catch some sort of the corona virus, and are in a hospital, they will not be on

this forum for a while,  and if,, Big if they survive, they may have an attitude adjustment.  I have relatives, and friends, some

in their 50s and a couple younger, who are now my former relatives and friends, as they have all died.  This virus is not

some other common flu as some posters think it is. I have other relatives who have had the covid 19 virus and who are

still suffering the effects. 3 of them are children, who still cannot go outside and run around like they used to. I certainly do not

want to catch any of the other variants UK, South African, or the 2 Brazil variants as they are also killer viruses.  I hope you get you shots 

soon, and can at least feel a bit like you will have a better chance if you do get the virus later.  Cheers

Geezer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2021 at 10:04 AM, smedly said:

sure just lock them foreigners (cheap labour)  into factories weld the doors shut or lock them up at Immigration holding centers 

who on this earth would want to go near a hospital right now

why not offer free travel vouchers to all those wanting to spread out across the country these next couple of weeks - why on earth would you charge people for spreading the virus across the country - that would be counter productive - let them travel for free, lets get that spread going at the fastest possible pace as far and wide as possible 

GRRRRRRRRR 

Has anyone thought that maybe Prayut likes this as it gives him power to stop protests. 

Whichever way you look at the unfolding Situation in Thailand it seems pretty clear that travel bubbles are blown from bubble gum and things might go very wrong in the next few weeks, then this will make it more difficult for people wanting to return, it just might be unsafe for people to return. 

And as to latest reports from my friends wife, who is ex government, and my family in Thailand, crime is on the up and people don't feel so safe these days. 

Lots of bars going up over windows and doors. 

22 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

It all adds up when you realise that Thailand is ranked 104th for transparency and corruption.

So true a year ago I read they were in the 90's, 104th would that mean they are slipping under the great general leadership? 

Sure I complain but it is all relative can you imagine if they fixed the problems what the exchange rate would be? 

I also read years ago that Thai people think a bit of corruption is good for the country and that white lies by their leaders is at times good thing. In the end, the corruptions 10 years ago was a lost to the country to be 200 billion I wonder what it is now or does it even matter?????????

3 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

So true a year ago I read they were in the 90's, 104th would that mean they are slipping under the great general leadership? 

Sure I complain but it is all relative can you imagine if they fixed the problems what the exchange rate would be? 

I also read years ago that Thai people think a bit of corruption is good for the country and that white lies by their leaders is at times good thing. In the end, the corruptions 10 years ago was a lost to the country to be 200 billion I wonder what it is now or does it even matter?????????

200 Billion is just what the good general has amassed since he took over, so I would have to venture a guess that it is in the Trillions now.

• Thanks 1

Stupid to run to hospital for a test.  You are supposed to call a doctor, wait at least 3 days after possible exposure, and if no symptoms, just quarantine for 14 days 

Covid test are much more accurate after 3 days and if exhibiting symptoms.  Why would anyone go get a test if not exhibiting symptoms?

You stay safe distance from others, wear a mask, and sanitize hands if going to the grocery and do not touch anything you are not going to buy. 

Pretty simple for most of us since we have been doing this for 1 year + now

https://nortonhealthcare.com/news/how-long-after-exposure-to-test-positive-for-covid/

INFECTIONS ? - wait a minute !

Really? Infections, with clinical symptoms? Or “incidences” from PCR-tests?

Seems, the journalists are still concentrating of PCR-Test results only and missed the latest WHO publications,

eg. https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-2021-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users-2020-05

exerpt: 

“Most PCR assays are indicated as an aid for diagnosis, therefore, health care providers must consider any result in combination with timing of sampling, specimen type, assay specifics, clinical observations, patient history, confirmed status of any contacts, and epidemiological information”

... ( I would also conclude, even if one of those would have clinical symptoms, 

the average Thonglor party goer does not belong to the 70+ age group ????, therefore :

- better immune system

- no co-morbilities

- immune system totally fighting off the virus or restricting it to weak symptoms 

- no fatalities 

Result: immune system and antigen build-up ... even without vaccination )

On 4/9/2021 at 4:45 AM, Cake Monster said:

This Strain of Covid that Thailand has to contend with, is only one of many new Mutations that have evolved over the past Year or so.

Others such as the Brazilian Strain are much worse.

But the Health Minister stated back in April of last Year, that Thailand had one of the top 5 health Services on the Planet.

I guess we are about to find out if he was telling porkys 

Government or private hospitals ?