Thailand sees a run on hospitals as Covid-19 cases linked to entertainment venues are reported

webfact

On 4/9/2021 at 12:50 AM, ThailandRyan said:

The problem here is that with only a few cases the hospitals are already being over run.  

A friend in Cambodia told me yesterday that their hospitals were overflowing with covid 19 patients and could not accept any more , also telling potential new covid patients to go home and stay in bed cos no capacity to admit them . Appears that Thailand is surrounded by countries with covid 19 . What amazes me is that Thailand authorities are not learning from other countries that have recently been hit with the virus , seems they will be reactive rather than proactive .  Hope I am wrong but I will not be surprised if there is a big increase of covid infections after Songkran  because of Bankonians travelling to all parts of Thailand .   Could it be that the Thai authorities are allowing herd immunity?

BTW the members of TVF are mostly of senior age and it goes without saying , they need to be very cautious about their hygiene etc . 

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2021 at 9:46 AM, Dialemco said:

What a shame premature opening entertainment venues and encouraging travel over extended Songkran holidays before vaccination roll out big mistake. Would have been far better for controlled opening International Tourism who would have at least been fully vaccinated and had Covid Free certificates before entering Thailand

Being fully vaccinated does not mean that person is 'Covid free' ..far from it all it means is that individual is inoculated with said vaccine to minimise their condition becoming serious when/if they themselves catch it.Unfortunately until Thailand can confidently roll out a vaccination program  that offers accessibility  to the wider population that can offer them protection..nothing will change as this latest outbreak looks to have spread now and will be hard to control I fear!