Provincial order issued for all non-tourists entering Thailand through Phuket

webfact

1617879419_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew issued the order today (Apr 8). Photo: PR Phuket)

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Following the high-profile international attention of Phuket’s push to allow vaccinated tourists to arrive in Phuket without quarantine from July 1, Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew today issued a detailed order listing all the requirements of all non-tourists wanting to enter the country through Phuket.

The order, 48 pages in total, was posted just after 3:30pm this afternoon (Apr 8).

The order lists the requirements of non-tourists wanting to enter Thailand through Phuket, from Thai nationals returning home  to diplomatic and consular staff to even cargo ship workers passing through.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/provincial-order-issued-for-all-non-tourists-entering-thailand-through-phuket-79619.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-04-09

Phuket, the island destination touted as the Savior of Thailand's now non existent tourism industry turn out to be another hot bed of the Covid pandemic with authorities scrambling around not knowing what to do while all the while planning to bring ten of thousands of foreign tourists to this destination ... 

• Like 1

If I am reading this correctly and of course liable to change, tourists heading to Phuket after July 1st will not have to quarantine providing can show vaccinated twice, holding a certificate of entry from local embassy and having tested negative within 3 days of arrival. If you live here on a work permit or retirement visa you will require the same documents but still have to go to a Quarantine facilty for 7 days? This implies that tourists won't spread Covid but returning expats more likely to. Or am I reading this incorrectly?

Just had an email from Headstart School Phuket where my daughter goes, one of the teachers who attended the party in Phuket has tested positive. All year 6 children now being given the test plus most other teachers there. The school is closed now but the teacher who attended the party was at school teaching for one day before they tested positive.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, junkie said:

If I am reading this correctly and of course liable to change, tourists heading to Phuket after July 1st will not have to quarantine providing can show vaccinated twice, holding a certificate of entry from local embassy and having tested negative within 3 days of arrival. If you live here on a work permit or retirement visa you will require the same documents but still have to go to a Quarantine facilty for 7 days? This implies that tourists won't spread Covid but returning expats more likely to. Or am I reading this incorrectly?

Thai Logic.  TIT