COE website improved as new vaccine recognized for reducing quarantine

webfact

d32a11e083698f31e9568c6f3b5511b2_small.jpg

By Praphorn Praphornkul

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand has approved the Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine as another option for those entering the Kingdom while the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has improved its central registration system for access requests.

Director of the Department of Information and spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Thani Saengrat, announced today that as part of a decision to reduce the quarantine period for arrivals in Thailand, the ministry has enhanced the coethailand.mfa.go.th website, which is used by Thai and foreign travelers to request Certificate of Entry (COE) documentation.

The site now features a system for inputting personal information, uploading vaccination documentation and notifies registrants of their expected quarantine time so that they may plan accordingly.

The Ministry of Public Health meanwhile has approved the Beijing Institute of Biological Products’ Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine as another recognized inoculation, allowing recipients to observe a seven-day quarantine rather than 10 days. Those arriving from countries with new strains of the illness are still subject to a 14-day quarantine.

The eight vaccines registered in Thailand or approved by the World Health Organization are: Sinovac’s CoronaVac, AstraZeneca/Oxford’s AZD 1222, SK Bioscience’s (Korea) AZD 1222, Johnson & Johnson’s Ad26.COV2.S, Pfizer-Bioentech’s Tozinameran, Serum Institute of India’s Covishield, Moderna’s mRNA-1273 and Beijing Institute of Biological Products’ Sinopharm.

nnt.jpg

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

Those arriving from countries with new strains of the illness are still subject to a 14-day quarantine.

I'm confused , does that mean that people from the UK where the UK variant has been found will now be forced to quarantine for longer to stay in a country where the UK variant has been found ? 

• Like 1

Who with two brain cells firing would come here now???

Reducing quarantine is idiocy. Good chance that's ho the UK variant got in.

Politicians everywhere have a hard time admitting their mistakes ("She told me she was 18!"). Will our brass suck it up & shut it down before it's too late (considering it may well be already too late)?

Edited by unblocktheplanet
addition
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Politicians everywhere have a hard time admitting their mistakes ("She told me she was 18!"). Will our brass suck it up & shut it down before it's too late (considering it may well be already too late)?

Nobody that doesn't need to be here unless expat or 3 to 6 Months tourist . Still they will come. There are not many options out there and they have their regulars texting how much she love him and she wait only him blah blah 

Edited by madmen
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

I think you'll find the UK variant was discovered before anyone on 7 day quarantine had finished their time.

19 hours ago, Salerno said:

Doubt it, the COE site works.

Not for me. After three attempts at completing the application, it crashed after the 4th try. I received pre-approval after the first 3 attempts, but the app would not let me fill in more details after I received the pre-approval email. 

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Not for me. After three attempts at completing the application, it crashed after the 4th try. I received pre-approval after the first 3 attempts, but the app would not let me fill in more details after I received the pre-approval email. 

Have you tried clearing cache, a different browsers etc.?

First report I've seen of any issues.

4 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Have you tried clearing cache, a different browsers etc.?

First report I've seen of any issues.

There have been 2 different issues, the first 3 times, I received the first message (my application was not under consideration), the 4th time was the crash. 

FB_IMG_1617990572369.jpg

FB_IMG_1617990558831.jpg

Edited by Danderman123