Schools opening on April 19th or not?

My daughters international school in Bangkok cancelled classes today. I don't know the reason but we can expect a fairly strong response and I think schools will do online classes after Songkran. We will know soon

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Presnock said:

CM international school was due to return from break on 20 April but now will be going to

on-line learning until 30 April when further plans will be announced due to the virus spread

in Chiang Mai.

That was quick, it is only Monday. 

Can you share the announcement they sent out?

Just got informed by the International School of my kids (Phuket) that they are keeping a close eye on developments and will let us know on the 17th. The decision will be based on the recommendations of the local government/experts.

That seems like a fair approach to me: wait as long as possible to see how the outbreak develops and follow official guidelines. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smallford said:

Schools here closed for holiday on April 9th and are scheduled to restart on May 17th. It seems term times differ all over the country.

Depending if it's a Thai school or international school; however OP didn't say which, but likely international as OP talks about reopening April 19th.

Edited by khunPer

Online learning at St. Andrews, at least for the first week.

St. Andrews Sathorn: IMP: Covid Update April 15th

Dear Parents,

I do hope you have had an enjoyable and safe Songkran holiday.

Unfortunately, you will be aware the number of COVID-19 positive cases has significantly increased in many areas of Thailand in the past week particularly in Bangkok.

As a precaution and to allow us time to see how the current situation develops, we have decided to open the school on 19th April with online learning for the first week. During this week, we will continue to monitor the situation, see if the authorities introduce further measures and establish the impact of the Songkran period.

Until we have a clear picture, all planned sports fixtures and residentials will be postponed until further notice.

I am sorry that this is not the start to term that we all hoped for but as always, the safety of our community has to remain our greatest priority when making such decisions. We truly hope to have the campus reopened as soon as possible.

In the meantime, it is very important if any family experiences a positive COVID-19 test, they inform school so we can support and agree a return to school protocol.

Thank you for your ongoing support and patience, which is truly valued and appreciated.

• Like 1

Online learning at Bangkok Patana for at least until 23rd (1st week of the summer term).

Beyond that the immediate future Is somewhat unknown but I expect a full on frenzy as the media let their foot off the clutch and go full throttle on post Songkran explosion of cases. I imagine most schools will have little choice but to remain closed for at least the next month. 

• Sad 1

On 4/12/2021 at 6:17 PM, OishiRefill said:

May 17th for my daughter for the new academic year in my part of Bangkok too. That's for regular Thai school calendar (not the international calendar).

Same timeframe in Udon Thani for my son's international school

End of term April 8th, new term to start May 17th. Haven't heard anything from the school as yet.

56 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

Same timeframe in Udon Thani for my son's international school

End of term April 8th, new term to start May 17th. Haven't heard anything from the school as yet.

I was informed yesterday from daughter's school that they are delaying opening for the next academic year until June 1st.

Edited by OishiRefill

4 hours ago, OishiRefill said:

I was informed yesterday from daughter's school that they are delaying opening for the next academic year until June 1st.

I won't mind if they push it back 2 more weeks, it's an unusually short summer break this year as it is