A dozen Bangkok hospitals suspend COVID-19 testing amid shortages

webfact

1 hour ago, ETatBKK said:

4 months ago they had testing capacity to handle Samut Sakhon outbreak (800+ per day), but now they don't have capacity for this small jump (400+ per day) ? ? ?

Number of cases per day has nothing to do with availability of test kits.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

So hears the thing: if they started vaccinating 2 months ago and were going at it all guns blazing now, there would be no need for panic or much testing. But no, vaccinations have to wait till June. By which time schools will inevitably be closed in addition to bars. 

i can go without bars but I am really pixxed my daughter might miss yet more school.

Many countries are not vaccinating in mass yet.  Due to the global shortage of jabs, and the HUGE demand.  Not to mention the costs.

6 minutes ago, JimInPattaya said:

The people in charge of this public health crisis should take responsibility and resign.

That would be the Health Minister, Anutin, who will go down in history as the worst failure in the position in the history of Thailand. The guy must have some serious family interests in the tourism business, as for the last year he's been behaving much more like the Tourism Minister than the Health Minister.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mike1967 said:

it's now inevitable that travel to Thailand will be banned from vaccinated countries or at least hotel quarantine at ones own expense back in their home countries. 

No it's not, the vaccines do in fact work so such measures would be complete nonsense.

• Like 1